Author Topic: Global Address Book Problems  (Read 6719 times)

Offline istrait

Global Address Book Problems
« on: October 16, 2009, 06:13:03 PM »
I am having an issue with the Global Address plugin...

I can get the plugin installed and the global address book shows up in the user's address books but I have not figured out how to get addresses placed into the global address book.

I have gone in and looked at the sql tables and when I run the plugin, I end up with blank lines in the user tables.  It sets up the user record with the user id # but nothing else...

Any ideas?

Offline rosali

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 02:33:17 AM »
Do you mean 'globaladdressbook' plugin? If so you have to define a user which holds the global addresses:

$rcmail_config['globaladdressbook_user'] = 'myglobaladdresses@mail4us.net';

The login as 'myglobaladdresses@mail4us.net' and add the global contacts as regular contacts of this user.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 04:53:31 AM »
if you are using globaladdressbook then check you have globaladdressbook_readonly set to false in your config. If you are having problems with the user creation then try the version from the latest version from the git repo here JohnDoh's RoundCube-Plugin-Global-Address-Book at master - GitHub there were some improvemnts to that.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline gcasillo

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 01:34:00 AM »
Is there any method to import directly into my global address book? I imported 100+ addresses from my gmail account. The importer put them under the "Personal Addresses" of the address book. I also see a "Global Addresses" section, and I can manually add addresses to this. But the importer always adds my Gmail addresses (in a vCard file) to the "Personal Addresses" section. Any way to direct the import to the "Global Addresses" section?

EDIT: Disregard the above. I imported the addresses when I was already logged in as another user. I created a separate user for the global addresses, logged in, imported, and everything works.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 01:46:41 AM by gcasillo »