Author Topic: addressbook in compose window  (Read 88872 times)

Offline corbosman

addressbook in compose window
« on: October 28, 2009, 03:42:19 PM »
Latest version of this plugin:  2.2  (only works with RC 0.4+,  use 1.5.1 for RC  0.3.1 and lower)

REQUIRED: jqueryui plugin  (http://underwa.ter.net/roundcube-plugins/)

Important information:  as of version 2.0 it's no longer necessary to configure addressbooks. Just comment out the $rcmail_config['compose_addressbooks'] and the plugin will autodetect all available addressbooks. If you dont want that, then add addressbooks manually.

This plugin is compatible with any other plugin that behaves like an addressbook. Just make sure you either comment out $rcmail_config['compose_addressbooks'] or add the extra addressbooks manually. The global addressbook for example is named 'global' and can be added as such:

$rcmail_config['compose_addressbooks'] = array('global', 'sql');

You can download the plugin here:  http://underwa.ter.net/roundcube-plugins/
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:08:18 AM by corbosman »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 02:45:28 AM »
Sound like a good plugin, please publish it when you get done with it.
1. I would just have a setting for it
2. How about a alphabetical list (a|b|c|d|e|...) by First or Last name (maybe a setting to choice) its a great way to find some one quickly.
3. I think that is the simplest way to do it, you should have some sort of message to let the user know that the contacts where added so they don't get added twice.

Offline corbosman

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 04:09:50 AM »
I definately want to publish it, thats why im asking feedback, to bring in as many things people would like. Im already as far as being able to click names and have them enter into one of the fields, so the actual bulk is done. It's just a matter of UI/presentation.

I'm not sure a first/last name would work, as many contacts only use 'name', and not first/last names. Like, the contact add button in the message display doesnt do anything with first/last name when it enters a contact.

I think im just going to start with a scroll list, and see what happens and sort it exactly like the normal adres book screen.

Offline corbosman

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 11:39:27 AM »
I have a first beta version available of this plugin. If anyone wants to check it out, you can download it  here

Some features:

• adds a button on the compose window toolbar that opens up your addressbook in a seperate window
  • you can double click a contact to have it added as a recipient
  • you can select 1 or more contacts, and use one of the buttons to add it to recipient/cc/bcc
  • the search box limits the contacts to those whose name or email address match the search string.

I have tested this with Firefox 3, IE8, Safari 4, and Chrome. I welcome feedback, remarks, translations, bugreports, patches, additions, and anything else you can think of.

Known issues:

• I need a different icon for the addressbook. Unfortunately I cant find the default RC addressbook icon in 32x32 format.
  • There are some minor CSS differences between IE and normal browsers. Nothing that seems too problematic.

Offline rosali

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 02:18:32 AM »
Good job! Here is the German localization (de_DE):

<?php

$labels 
= array();
$labels['compose_addressbook_buttontitle'] = 'Adressbuch anzeigen';
$labels['compose_addressbook_title'] = 'Adressbuch';
$labels['compose_addressbook_close'] = 'Schließen';
$labels['compose_addressbook_noselect'] = 'Sie haben keine Adresse ausgewählt';
$labels['compose_addressbook_added'] = 'Adresse wurde hinzugefügt';

?>

Regarding the icon, please mail to devs list. I always find a volunteer there when it comes to designing an image.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline corbosman

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 04:10:53 AM »
Thanks for the translation!

I dont need a new icon. I want to use the existing task icon, but i need it bigger for the toolbar. It's a standard Thunderbird icon, but i cant find the source. I can find Firefox icon sources, but not Thunderbird.  I mailed the dev list about it a few days ago.

Offline corbosman

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 05:01:13 AM »
I updated the plugin to version 0.2 to add the german translation and a bugfix.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 05:50:06 AM »
Thanks for releasing it :D I will try it out as soon as I get time. I have attached the address book icon in its 32x32 size. Hope its what you were looking for!

Offline corbosman

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 07:12:31 AM »
Perfect! Exactly what I needed. Where did you find it? I really have to know :)

I'll update the tar to 0.3 soon and post a notice here. Gotta go for a long run first.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 07:37:08 AM »
The icons where made by Stephen Horlander and Kevin Gerich (http://kmgerich.com/) So I checked out were they had used there icons, and then took it out of the the Thunderbird skin files.

Offline corbosman

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 07:54:33 PM »
Ive added the correct icon to the tar file, thanks. 0.3 now.

Offline corbosman

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 05:12:24 PM »
I checked my plugin with 0.3.1, and it seems to work fine so I added it to the plugin repository as version 1.0

Offline corbosman

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 04:05:58 PM »
I just released version 1.1 of this plugin. It fixes a problem with LDAP addressbooks.

You can get it here:  Downloads - roundcube-plugins - Project Hosting on Google Code

Offline corbosman

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 01:15:21 AM »
Version 1.2 is now available.. It adds a swedish translation provided by Joans Nasholm.

More translations are very welcome. Also, if you have any feature requests or remarks feel free to post here.

This plugin makes it much easier to add addressbook entries to your emails during composing by creating an addressbook window on request.

Offline epinter

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 04:31:43 PM »
The plugin(version 1.2) don't work with ldap. I see only the contacts from SQL.