Author Topic: Password plugin and CPanel  (Read 25664 times)

Offline beatnik

Password plugin and CPanel
« on: November 02, 2009, 06:48:13 PM »
Has anyone gotten the password plugin for version 0.3.x to work with CPanel?  There are not a lot of options to set for CPanel within the configuration file, but I cannot get it to work!  (I've sent a message to the helpdesk of my hosting service, too, but thought I'd post a question here, too.)

I used to have the CPanel add-on by Nemesis02 installed in my pre-0.2.2 version of Roundcube, and it worked wonderfully.  Since updating to 0.2.2 for security reasons, my users have missed the ability to easily change their password.  I had high hopes to be able to re-implement this capability by using version 0.3.x and the API plugins.

Thanks in advance...

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 11:55:21 PM »
In RoundCube 3.1 a cPanel driver was added to the password plugin. Are there any errors, and what version of CPanel do you have?

Offline beatnik

RE: Password plugin and CPanel
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 06:11:29 AM »
My host has CPanel 11... perhaps that's the issue?  I see the plugin specifies 'x' in the configuration; I tried it with 'x', 'xi', 'XI', and '11' with all the same results - I get an error statement "Could not save new password" when I try and change my password from within the Settings menu of Roundcube.

I did hear back from my host and they verified I am using the correct information for line 165 (password_cpanel_host), line 174 (password_cpanel_port) and line 177 (password_cpanel_ssl TRUE or FALSE) within the config.inc.php file of the RC 0.3.1 password plug-in.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 10:01:59 AM »
That most likely your problem the default theme in CPanel 11 is x3. Here is how the url is setup:
Code: [Select]
http://[B]Host[/B].[B]tdl[/B]:[B]Port[/B]/frontend/[B]Theme[/B]/index.html
http://example.com:2082/frontend/x3/index.html

Offline beatnik

RE: Password plugin and CPanel
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 06:03:22 PM »
My front-end says the theme is cPanel X v2.5.0... how would that be shown?  'x2' and 'x2.5.0' don't work... I tried 'x3' before realizing the theme wasn't x3.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 09:09:59 PM »
What is your cpanel url?

Offline beatnik

RE: CPanel URL
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 10:20:06 PM »
your question made me understand!  the URL contained the theme designation, which was "lp" (for Lunarpages, my host) - the plugin now works!  thank you so much....

Offline Yann

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 07:45:40 PM »
Quote from: skaero;22741
That most likely your problem the default theme in CPanel 11 is x3. Here is how the url is setup:
http://[B]Host[/B].[B]tdl[/B]:[B]Port[/B]/frontend/[B]Theme[/B]/index.html
http://example.com:2082/frontend/x3/index.html

where within the password config file do I have to set this up? I tried everything but cannot see anything in server settings to change password. I know I'm missing something but I just could not figure it out. Since  Nemesis02 plugin, I did not upgrade RC because I'm afraid of loosing the ability to change password. I have RC intalled on hosted account (hostmonster). Any help!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 07:49:42 PM by Yann »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 10:07:36 PM »
You would set the theme in the plugins/password/config.inc.php file on the $rcmail_config['password_cpanel_theme'] line. To enable the plugin add it to the $rcmail_config['plugins'] line in the config/main.inc.php.

Offline Yann

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 11:05:47 PM »
Quote from: skaero;22785
You would set the theme in the plugins/password/config.inc.php file on the $rcmail_config['password_cpanel_theme'] line. To enable the plugin add it to the $rcmail_config['plugins'] line in the config/main.inc.php.

wow, the tab shows. I figured it out, took me about an hour to understand it though. :) . The bad news is I could not save the new password, it gives me an error message that "Could not save new password". I double checked the cPanel Driver options, all the information are correct. What am I missing?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:03:24 PM by Yann »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 11:41:05 PM »
Did you set the $rcmail_config['password_driver'] to cpanel in plugins/password/config.inc.php?

Offline Yann

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 07:52:14 PM »
Quote from: skaero;22787
Did you set the $rcmail_config['password_driver'] to cpanel in plugins/password/config.inc.php?

yes I did. What the problem was, I just changed this:

// The cPanel theme in use
$rcmail_config['password_cpanel_theme'] = 'x';       ----------> the 'x' to 'hostmonster' and it worked :). Thanks
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:14:28 PM by Yann »

Offline vixus

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 02:44:28 PM »
// cPanel Driver options
// --------------------------
// The cPanel Host name
$rcmail_config['password_cpanel_host'] = 'xxx';

// XIMSS (Communigate server) Driver options
// -----------------------------------------
// Host name of the Communigate server
$rcmail_config['password_ximss_host'] = 'xxx';

what should i type in these two options ?

Offline beatnik

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 07:42:27 PM »
Vixis,

If your host is using CPanel, you shouldn't have to fill in anything for the second lines of code you listed (for the XIMSS Communigate Server Driver).  For the first lines of code (CPanel Driver), look at the URL that is displayed when you are logged into your host's CPanel.  It should look something like this (my thanks to SKaero!):

'http://xxx:Port/frontend/Theme/index.html

where 'xxx' is what you place in the line:

Make sure you include the quotes!  Also, make note of how the theme is shown.  You will need to use the theme designation in the line below, in place of the x.  (This is what I was messing up!)

$rcmail_config['password_cpanel_theme'] = 'x';

I hope that helps!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 07:45:37 PM by beatnik »

Offline vixus

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 10:21:57 AM »
Quote from: beatnik;22902
Vixis,

If your host is using CPanel, you shouldn't have to fill in anything for the second lines of code you listed (for the XIMSS Communigate Server Driver).  For the first lines of code (CPanel Driver), look at the URL that is displayed when you are logged into your host's CPanel.  It should look something like this (my thanks to SKaero!):

'http://xxx:Port/frontend/Theme/index.html

where 'xxx' is what you place in the line:

Make sure you include the quotes!  Also, make note of how the theme is shown.  You will need to use the theme designation in the line below, in place of the x.  (This is what I was messing up!)

$rcmail_config['password_cpanel_theme'] = 'x';

I hope that helps!

thank you beatnik

it work now after i changed the value

$rcmail_config['password_cpanel_ssl'] = true;
 to
$rcmail_config['password_cpanel_ssl'] = false;