Author Topic: Managesieve vs. Sieverules  (Read 8011 times)

Offline Martian

Managesieve vs. Sieverules
« on: March 26, 2010, 12:03:33 PM »
I had previously used managesieve, since it was included in the Roundcube download, on my test server and it works great!  While looking at other plugins available however I came across sieverules, which appears to be heavily based on managesieve but with several improvements so I decided to give it a go.

After installing sieverules and activating it I set up a couple simple test rules.  The rules were properly added to the roundcube.sieve file in the sieve directory within my users Maildir however the rules were not processed by Dovecot!

I deleted the rules and went back to managesieve just to make sure there wasn't some other problem and rules created with managesieve were configured and processed as expected.

I then went back to sieverules and using it created an identical rule to the one which had just worked perfectly with managesieve.  I even verified that the rules were the same (the uncommented parts anyway) in the roundcube.sieve file however the rule created with sieverules did not execute.

I'm guessing that once again I'm doing something stupid in the sievesules config but I just can't figure out how rules created with managesieve work perfectly and rules created with sieverules don't work for some reason.

I'm perfectly fine with just using managesieve as I believe it will do everything I need, but I would like to understand why sieverules isn't working as it does appear to improve on managesieve.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Martian

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 04:19:48 AM »
hi, that is strange, if one works then the other should too. i just did a quick test and i did spot one difference, may be its this....

in the file generated by the managesieve plugin are the the folders in the action part of the script written like "INBOX.myfolder" and in the sieverules version of the file are they just "myfolder"? this can be controlled from the sieverules config by the $rcmail_config['sieverules_include_imap_root'] option.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline Martian

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 04:58:43 PM »
I re-installed sieverules and it is now working with the default config file.  Obviously I had messed something up.

This is a really great plugin and I'm looking forward to putting it to good use!

Martian