Author Topic: Can't Delete/Empty Trash on Logout v0.3.1  (Read 4674 times)

Offline Don O'Neil

Can't Delete/Empty Trash on Logout v0.3.1
« on: November 13, 2009, 01:17:04 PM »
I just did a fresh install of 0.3.1 on a FreeBSD 6.2 box w/ DoveCot 1.1.5 as the IMAP back end and I'm having a problem with deleting mail and emptying the trash on logout.

Whith the 'stock' config  (after running the installer) when you login and try to delete a message it errors out saying it cant move the message. However, I can drag messages to the trash folder. BUT when I set the option to empty the trash on log out the message just stays in the trash.

I found a post about setting $rcmail_config['trash_mbox'] = '' which worked to erase the message immediatly, but that is not the behavior I want.

The 'trash' folder exists... so what I want to do is move the message to the trash, and then empty it on log out.

Any ideas why this isn't working? Do I need to upgrade my DoveCot, or set some other option in the config file?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 02:02:17 PM »
trying loggin in and going to personal settings > special folders and make sure you have your deleted items folder set correctly
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Don O'Neil

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 02:48:10 PM »
I did indeed have the special folders option set to empty the trash on logout. The problem is that if I have the config file set to move items to the trash rather than delete them immediatly then I get the 'Unable to move file' error message.

When the mail message is dragged to the trash folder, it goes there... but enabling the option to empty the trash on exit doesn't make a difference, it's never deleted.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 02:55:30 PM »
may be you misunderstood me i'm not talking about the "Clear Trash on logout" option in the sever settings section.

In the "special folders" section, you can select which folder to use for what: drafts, sent, deleted etc. make sure they are set correctly in your personal settings
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Don O'Neil

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 03:16:37 PM »
Ah... i got it... the 4 options were all set to '--'.

When I mapped them to the approprate folder it worked correctly... moved the mail to Trash, and deleted on exit.

HOWEVER, I have hundreds of users, and I guarantee I'll get dozens of calls about this. How can set these folder mappings to a default, so that the user doesn't have to set it up?

My config file has the 'drafts_mbox', "junk_mbox', 'sent_mbox', 'trash_mbox' all set to the appropriate folders, but evidently this doesn't set the defaults on this user configured section.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 03:51:53 PM »
Those defaults appear to work fine for new users on my 0.3.1 install. Once you get that working, you can make certain that the users don't monkey with it by specifying all of those params in the 'dont_override' array. When you do that the whole Special Folder area in the Prefs disappears.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

jezzicaz789

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 12:03:10 AM »
Quote from: Don O'Neil;23077
I just did a fresh install of 0.3.1 on a FreeBSD 6.2 box w/ DoveCot 1.1.5 as the IMAP back end and I'm having a problem with deleting mail and emptying the trash on logout.

Whith the 'stock' config  (after running the installer) when you login and try to delete a message it errors out saying it cant move the message. However, I can drag messages to the trash folder. BUT when I set the option to empty the trash on log out the message just stays in the trash.

I found a post about setting $rcmail_config['trash_mbox'] = '' which worked to erase the message immediatly, but that is not the behavior I want.

The 'trash' folder exists... so what I want to do is move the message to the trash, and then empty it on log out.

Any ideas why this isn't working? Do I need to upgrade my DoveCot, or set some other option in the config file?

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.