Author Topic: Strange refresh bug.  (Read 4696 times)

Offline alex_popa_81

Strange refresh bug.
« on: November 15, 2009, 07:38:00 PM »
Hi.
This is my first post on this site so be gently.
I will explain step-by-step the configuration till I will get to the bug cause maybe is because of me and not the RoundCube.
So first things first.

I use Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition with IIS6, Microsoft SQL 2000 Server Personal Edition, PHP 5.2.5 with ISAPI extension, PEAR, MDB2, MSSQL.php, etc. I use Network Service on APP Pool, and IUSR_computername on roundcubewebsite with IP and port xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8082.
I have a database created zoomnet on Zoom\Zoommies host with alias on TCP/IP zoom01. Authentification on sa login works perfectly under hMailServer (configured and running perfectly). Created tables with mssql.initial under Query succesfully with no errors at all.
So at the first step, I removed the date.timezone setting (don't need it, don't want it, I will use it maybe sometime but now's not the case), everything else is in place and marked OK.
Step 3 instead is the problem.
I will attach 2 files: first one is the not OK on DSN. The second one is OK.
So, when I simply refresh the page or click on the Test config button, I get 1(ONE) OK in 30-40 refreshes. Otherwise the NOT OK thing.
C:\PHP5 have the user rights assignments (Network Service, IUSR and IWAM set to read and write security). So if I get one ok in 30-40 clicks maybe is from other settings that I cannot imagine. Any help is appreciated.
PS:
Running Symantec Endpoint Protection unmanaged.
Component Services does not report anything.
Error log of roundcube reports only:
[16-Nov-2009 01:44:59 +0200]: DB Error: connect: [Error message: unable to establish a connection]
 ** mssql(mssql)://sa:xxx@ZOOM\ZOOMMIES/zoomnet in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\roundcubemail\program\include\rcube_mdb2.php on line 100 (GET /index.php)
and this is reported only when I receive the NOT OK answer to DSN.

Thanks in advance.

Here are the URLs for attachments:

http://www.roundcubeforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1122&stc=1&d=1258331711 - this one for the NOT OK error

http://www.roundcubeforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1123&stc=1&d=1258331721 - this one for the OK DSN.

Offline alex_popa_81

Got it!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 12:24:33 PM »
Solution is easy and very Microsoft based s***. I know I'm not supposed to curse them, I'll just do it inside of me.
After a whole day of work around this bug, here is the solution in case someone has this problem:

I thaught the bug was about IIS or Windows. I over-checked security, ASL, and I digged on technet for a solution half a day then it hit me:
if someone creates a folder named XYZ on C: or D: etc... and then creates a short-cut to it on desktop, same like doing an alias to the hostname of a database. I encoutered this for real under Win XP Home Edition. That shortcut simply refused to open the directory, same as my alias which didn't wanted to point to the host name.
So, what is to be done? Simple. We create a copy of that folder (new server registration in this case), delete the original server registration, and rename the new registration with the deleted one. Then magically, the alias worked and RC connected succesfully.
Now I can sleep. :)