Author Topic: Immediate logoff after log on new install  (Read 4657 times)

Offline acorp

Immediate logoff after log on new install
« on: November 17, 2009, 06:29:17 PM »
Hello,

I am in the process of installing Roundcube 0.3.1. I have run through the installer, and Roundcube thinks everything is good to go. When going to roundcube in my browser, I am presented with the login screen. However, when I log on, I am immediately logged off. I believe my user and password information is being accepted, as if I type something incorrectly I am informed that "Login Failed." However, in spite of my correct credentials, I am immediately returned to the login screen.

I have checked httpd error log and there is nothing relevant there.

In the Roundcube logs subdirectory, I see the following entries in a "console" file:

[17-Nov-2009 17:11:18 -0600]: * OK Acorp Mailserver Ready...
AUTH PLAIN: Resource id #41

No matter how many valid (or failed) attempts are made, nothing more is added to this console file.

A search of the forums revealed someone with an identical problem, however they identified the error as being a hardened version of PHP problem (shohein) or something. They did not state how they resolved the issue. I am running normal PHP 5.2 (I think) on CentOS 5.3.

Any ideas what I need to do to get RoundCube working?

Thanks!

- Acorp
Acorp Computers - www.acorp.net

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 06:37:59 AM »
Sounds like you have this problem http://www.roundcubeforum.net/general-discussion/4348-nothing-happens-after-login.html does the session.auto_start fix work for you?

Offline acorp

Problem Resolved
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 12:13:30 PM »
Well, this post probably isn't going to help anyone else either, but...

After leaving it for a few hours, then trying to log in from another computer's browser, everything works fine, and even the original computer that was having trouble works now too.

I don't know if the solution was logging in from a different computer, just giving it time, or what.

"Some things are tragic, some things are magic...I guess this one was magic!"

Oh, and on the off-hand chance it does help anyone else,
session.auto_start = 0
was set in my php.ini.

Thanks for your help.

- Acorp
Acorp Computers - www.acorp.net

Offline cipix

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 07:50:55 AM »
I'm not sure how to fix your problem but I can confirm that suhosin disrupts roundcube. Thanks for the idea, I just disabled suhosin in /etc/php.d/suhosin.ini and roundcube finally works again.

Now I'll try to find a solution to make them both work and if I succeed I'll post a reply back here.