Author Topic: Managesieve connection problems  (Read 25976 times)

Offline bambam82

Managesieve connection problems
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 11:48:07 AM »
Quote from: periferral;23409
yep. Running 1.2.6
You might want to look at this file again
roundcube/plugins/managesieve/config.inc.php

Even for managesieve, i have the following settings
$rcmail_config['managesieve_port'] = 2000;
$rcmail_config['managesieve_host'] = 'localhost';

Try these rather than the names you use to see if that helps.

Service managesieve is running. See earlier posts. But somehow roundcube doesn't get it. And in the last logs I posted you can see it uses a MD5 digest to connect and that fails. But the connection to the server is ok...

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 03:23:43 PM »
Hi everyone. In an attempt to limit confusion about different plugins I have move some posts here from the sieverules thread, despite what some of them suggest they are not about the sieverules plugin but about the managesieve plugin, these are different plugins.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 12:52:53 PM by JohnDoh »
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2009, 12:56:57 PM »
did you check what version of the net_sieve class you had, depending on when you downloaded the plugin you may have version 1.2 which is a beta version, I saw a post about a problem with this on the mailing list and you might want to try version 1.1.7 and see if that makes any difference.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline periferral

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2009, 01:29:10 PM »
@bambam
I release the server is running. The settings I'm talking about are for the managesieve plugin for roundcube. while I don't think that is the issue, im wondering if the plugin is reading the correct set of parameters. If the trunk version checks for $rcmail_config['managesieve_port']  which in your case does not exist, it might try to connect on the default port and fail

just a thought. Also, johndoh's comments make sense. Something else to look into

Offline bambam82

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 07:21:12 AM »
Quote from: periferral;23415
@bambam
I release the server is running. The settings I'm talking about are for the managesieve plugin for roundcube. while I don't think that is the issue, im wondering if the plugin is reading the correct set of parameters. If the trunk version checks for $rcmail_config['managesieve_port']  which in your case does not exist, it might try to connect on the default port and fail

just a thought. Also, johndoh's comments make sense. Something else to look into

see here http://www.roundcubeforum.net/api-based-plugins/5860-managesieve-connection-problems.html#post23364. The connection works, but for some reason the authentication fails...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 07:21:43 AM by bambam82 »