Author Topic: Installing plug-ins only  (Read 6029 times)

Offline Mfitz67

Installing plug-ins only
« on: November 30, 2009, 12:39:57 AM »
Hi, I already have a working RC 0.3.1   Do I need to change any of the base files or can I just copy the plugin files to the plugin's folder.   The reason I'm asking is that I had to modify quite a few files of the RC application to work with IIS 5    

Also, I have this post http://www.roundcubeforum.net/general-discussion/5869-hmail-plugins-rosalis-dsn-connection-help.html about installing specifically the password plugin for hMail and the accounts plugin.

I haven't tried to install any of the MyRoundCube plugins yet but I hope to once I figure out what to enter in the connection string for the hMail db.

Thanks for any help you can give me.  

Win2000 Server
hMail 5.3 w/phpwebadmin
RC 0.3.1
PHP
Mysql

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Installing plug-ins only
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 01:43:14 AM »
MyRoundCube is a collection of plugins you don't need to edit any of the base files. All you need to do to use a plugin is put its folder in the [RC root]/plugins folder then add the plugin name (same as the plugin folder name) to the plugins array in the [RC root]/config/main.inc.php like:
Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('plugin1', 'pugin2', 'etc');

Offline Mfitz67

Installing plug-ins only
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 05:26:15 AM »
Okay, thanks.  I thouht so but wanted to make sure.  Anyone have any ideas on the connection string for MSSQLCE?  I guess I should have used the MySql db that was already installed instead of hMail's built-in db.

----------
Edit: I suppose the password update query will be different too.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 05:28:21 AM by Mfitz67 »

Offline gemini_life

Installing plug-ins only
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 06:06:08 AM »
See this post :

http://www.roundcubeforum.net/general-discussion/5677-how-setup-plugin-hmailserver.html

I don't know if there is anyone have sloved the problem.

Change database backend to Mysql seems to be the most directly method.

Offline Mfitz67

Installing plug-ins only
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 06:47:43 PM »
Thanks gemini.  I'm going to try to reconfigue the hMailserver to use Mysql.  I only have a handful of accounts on there anyway so if I lose them and have to start over, no big deal.  Seems it would be better to start off with the Mysql db and save myself a lot of headaches with future updates and such.   Thanks again.

Offline Mfitz67

Installing plug-ins only
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 09:26:19 PM »
I changed the hMail db to Mysql.  I'll try installing the plugins tomorrow.  Thanks for your help gemini and skaero.