Author Topic: Attachments and infinite loop  (Read 3476 times)

Offline smreka

Attachments and infinite loop
« on: December 21, 2009, 09:16:32 PM »
I've noticed if attachments are a bit larger they do get sent but the sender is left there with the message "Sending message..." on the top of the screen. He has to go back to the root of the webmail in order to continue. Also the server load goes up a lot. Also it takes ages for the message to actually reach the SENT folder.

One of the things I noticed while trying to solve the problem is that if I set $rcmail_config['sent_mbox'] = ''; so it doesn't store messages it goes threw normally, but then the message isn't saved, that's not good.

Then I went to check the logs

[22-Dec-2009 00:42:02] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in F:\www\*hidden*\webmail\program\lib\imap.inc on line 245

Not sure if it's from sending attachments, I just noticed it and did no further testing.

php.ini
upload_max_filesize = 1000M
post_max_size = 1000M
max_execution_time = -1

.htaccess
php_value   upload_max_filesize   10M
php_value   post_max_size      12M
php_value   memory_limit      256M

The size of the files I was trying to send was about 6MB. Smaller files get sent with no problems.

Than's in advance,

Tom

PS:  After about 2 minutes, after clicking send it does however send you to the main page. But that takes just to long.

PS: A pretty big discovery if one can say so, I just noticed that if I send a  mail over Thunderbird it is copying the message to Sent folder for AGES. I think this is the Hmailserver, there's something up with that.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 09:45:38 PM by smreka »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 09:46:12 PM »
It sounds a lot like #1484660 (Attachment Excessive Memory Use Error) ? Roundcube Webmail but your getting a different error.

Offline smreka

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 10:45:26 PM »
I dont think it's that. It looks more like IMAP is extremely slow to receive the email. I've tried with Thunderbird and saving the sent attachment takes extremely long.

Offline smreka

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 09:27:30 AM »
Everything apart from the last post can be ignored. I'm almost 100% sure its an IMAP problem. Sending the files over SMTP goes as fast as it possibly can, on a 100Mbit connection I cant complain, its FAST.

But storing them to the same server over IMAP is slow as sh*t. It takes ages for it to save over any client all tho it's over local network.

EDIT: Found solution. It was that DAMN ESET NOD32. Not compatible with Hmailserver. Works great now!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 10:14:23 AM by smreka »