Author Topic: Registration  (Read 10309 times)

Offline mastacontrol

Registration
« on: December 22, 2009, 11:16:43 PM »
A way to register new users would be awesome if incorporated along with a way for forgotten passwords.  Also maybe making your own Content Management system where you can incorporate a chat room.  By registering new users, I mean a way at least for basic systems to operate with adding new users.  Similar I guess to how yahoo works.  I know it would take some work, but I know somebody has basically done the work for a specific managment system, but nothing incorporated just for the users that may want to work their own stuff out.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Registration
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 06:28:59 AM »
You can look at Rosali plugins he got a registration and forgot password plugin they only work with hMailServer but could be coded for a different setup.

Offline mastacontrol

Registration
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 09:14:57 PM »
Thank you for the reply, I am currently testing my config.  Rosali I copied a lot of stuff and used the foo folder to create an SQL only area.  Hopefully this will work and I will continue working on it until I can get it working for my needs.  From there, I can make the non my server adjustments and hopefully I will have built and addon for a plugin.  It isn't much, but I will feel like I did something for the community.

Offline mastacontrol

Complete
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 05:29:16 PM »
I finally got it working.  I still need to get it to send an email directly after registering but maybe somebody can help me out here.  I am posting the file.  You need to adjust the files to suite your needs.

First things first.

Untar the file using
Code: [Select]

tar -xzvf register.tar.gz

Copy the register directory to your roundcubemail path

mv register /path/to/roundcube/plugins

make your adjustments to the sql driver.inc.php and config.inc.php.dist and then copy the config.inc.php.dist to config.inc.php

also change the register/config/config.inc.php to use the sql driver.

enable the plugin under the main.inc.php plugins.

Offline rosali

Registration
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 08:04:49 AM »
Thanks for contribution. Did you see my new_user/sendmail plugins? These two should do the job.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline mastacontrol

new user/sendmail plugins
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 05:15:53 AM »
Yes I have seen them and am currently using them, but when a new user registers it doesn't email them.  Plus because I am using the virtual user stuff from how-to's when I try to create my own function to send an email using the php mail() it just gives me errors saying it can't chdir into that users folder.  It never sends the email.  I even added your new user function into the registration.php file but it still gives the same error.

Offline mastacontrol

Made adjustments
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 06:33:36 AM »
I made a couple edits to your sendmessage plugin.

Added a variable for the SMTP_PORT because not everybody needs port 25.  

SMTP_HOST should work with ssl://domain.com as well as just domain.com
I will upload once I ensure all is working.

Still getting the same error as before, but hopefully I was just a dummy and fixed the problem.

Offline charan315

Registration
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 10:42:26 AM »
Quote from: mastacontrol;24346
I finally got it working.  I still need to get it to send an email directly after registering but maybe somebody can help me out here.  I am posting the file.  You need to adjust the files to suite your needs.

First things first.

Untar the file using

tar -xzvf register.tar.gz

Copy the register directory to your roundcubemail path

mv register /path/to/roundcube/plugins

make your adjustments to the sql driver.inc.php and config.inc.php.dist and then copy the config.inc.php.dist to config.inc.php

also change the register/config/config.inc.php to use the sql driver.

enable the plugin under the main.inc.php plugins.

could you please tell me how to enable register plugin step by step, I'M new here

Offline giorgi91

• http://gimnastik.info/
error
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 04:36:29 PM »
Webmail :: Sign up your IMAP Account
error: "Failed to create user."
what is eventuality?