Author Topic: INBOX  (Read 4384 times)

Offline skelly

INBOX
« on: September 14, 2006, 12:55:42 AM »
Greetings,

I have been using various releases of roundcube for about a year now. I have been encouraged by early versions of the application, but only with r0.1B2 have I fel comfortable enough with it for a production release.

I have one request at this point: every release requires that I hack something into the code that I believe should be a configuration option. I've coded it as a configuration option, in fact. I could potentially deliver a patch for it if anyone is interested.

Basically, I've gota somewhat unconventional mail server configuration that places users' email in their home directories instead of in /var/spool/mail. Using this method I can enforce per-user disk quote restrictions and those users who leave mail on the server with huge attachments eating up disk space will be accountable for it through the quota system.

To accomplish this arrangement, the "inbox" for every user is ~username/mail/inbox - and when requested through IMAPD, this becomes "mail/inbox". So the default "INBOX" which is hard-coded in multiple locations through the application is not valid on this server. All I did was create a configuration variable $rcmail_config['main_mbox'] = 'mail/inbox') and then grep'ed "INBOX" through the application, replacing it with the value of the variable. The only exception I found was inside a JavaScript file which had to be hard-coded to match my change.

Am I really the only person who would benefit from ease of configurability for this setting?

Regards,
- SK

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: INBOX
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 03:37:38 PM »
For some odd reason, I remember seeing a configuration option in beta2 and later SVN releases that allowed you to set the IMAP root..... so your hack would just do that..... hmm.... I'll look into this and report back....

[edit]In the beta2 configuration file, around line 122 I see this:
// only list folders within this path
$rcmail_config['imap_root'] = '';

Is that not what you want? That's been there since the beginning I think.[/edit]