Author Topic: The New MobileMe "MobileCube"  (Read 137260 times)

Offline phireware

The New MobileMe "MobileCube"
« on: December 28, 2009, 02:52:16 PM »
MobileCube 3.0.0 Now Available!
"MobileCube" 3.1.0 BETA Now Available! (#052610A)

*BETA Now Supports Attachments in RoundCube Webmail 0.4!*

-----------------------------------------------
Project Page (Visit for ScreenShots):
http://phireware.com/software/web/mobilecube/

What's New?
-Spiced Up Contacts a little bit.
-Calendar is now built in with plugin! (Thanks "Roundcube Calendar")
-Settings Adjusted
-Minor other fixes

*Thanks to DClark for helping the project begin again, hopefully we will keep it alive and make it become a great theme!*
*Thanks ABerglund for helping us find the errors and testing with us!*

Protected by Creative Commons Licence
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:44:39 PM by phireware »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 02:53:52 PM »
Could you post screen shots? :)

Offline phireware

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 03:02:14 PM »
Quote from: skaero;24269
Could you post screen shots? :)

How's that?? ;D

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 03:56:41 PM »
Screenshots attached
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 03:50:17 PM by ABerglund »
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline phireware

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 04:13:24 PM »
ABerglund, did the flagged messages get fixed the way you wanted them? I tried to fix them, they worked for me.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 07:52:21 PM »
Messages with existing flags do now show the flag with 2.1.1. But when flagging or unflagging a message the flag does not appear or disappear unless you refresh the page. Other skins I use the flagging process is dynamic. The flags should work the same as the read/unread indicators do.
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline phireware

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 10:34:41 AM »
I'll see about a fix for that problem. I didn't even realize you can flag a message in this theme. How did you go about flagging a message in your inbox?

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 11:19:44 AM »
Quote from: phireware;24281
How did you go about flagging a message in your inbox?
Several ways. In the default themes, if you click the empty spot where the flag would be, the flag should appear. (Same as clicking the read/unread icon toggles the status.) Or you could do it by selecting the message and then selecting "mark as flagged" in the tools menu, if the tools menu actually worked in the MobileCube theme. Or lastly, if the "contextmenu" plugin is installed (and I highly recommend it), you can right-click on the message and select "mark as flagged".
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 01:26:21 PM »
I've spent a little time using the 2.1.1 version on svn 3088, and while I really want to like it, there are too many issues standing in the way for us to adopt it in my organization. We have been looking for a cleaner, more intuitive skin for RC 3.1 for our users, and this looks good at first look but still needs a lot of work under the hood. I've attached some screenshots from the default theme to illustrate some of the points listed below.

• Fixed - Login/logout page needs to be MUCH more generic or original. Despite the recent cleanup, it still looks like it has been ripped straight from Apple's website. That may work for a small private webmail system, but is a show-stopper for a commercial, public or education system.[/I]
  • Logout button is almost invisible. The skin does not have to copy the bad parts of the Apple service it is patterned after, if something can be made better it should be.
  • The skin must add support to expand and collapse nested folders.
  • The single tool button that currently just does "Show source" needs to turn into a dropdown that incorporates both the message and tools choices from the default skin. (See the first and second attachments here, as well as the third attachment in the next message.
  • Fixed - Message flagging needs work.[/I]
  • There is an indicator for messages that have been replied to, but no indication for messages that have been forwarded. (See third attachment.)
  • The Select menu (All/Unread/Invert/None) and quota display are missing. (Fourth attachment.)
  • The Filter selector is missing, but we might be able to live without that. (Fifth attachment.)
  • The ability to select the search criteria is missing. (First attachment in next message.)
  • Plugin support is required. For us that includes 'contextmenu', sound_notifier', 'password' and 'vacation'. Note that some of these plugins may require hooks into the theme's CSS ('contextmenu' for example, compare the third and fourth attachments in the next message to the fifth from MobileCube), or possibly their own tab in the Preferences page (examples are 'password' and 'vacation', see second screenshot in next message.
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 01:28:01 PM »
Remaining screenshots.
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline phireware

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 01:59:46 PM »
ABerglund, flagged messages has been fixed, click in the flagged area to flag a message. Click it again to unflag it. It is now released as version 2.1.2 If you find any other mistakes please let me know!

Offline phireware

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 02:13:39 PM »
Quote from: ABerglund;24287
I've spent a little time using the 2.1.1 version on svn 3088, and while I really want to like it, there are too many issues standing in the way for us to adopt it in my organization. We have been looking for a cleaner, more intuitive skin for RC 3.1 for our users, and this looks good at first look but still needs a lot of work under the hood. I've attached some screenshots from the default theme to illustrate some of the points listed below.

• Login/logout page needs to be MUCH more generic or original. Despite the recent cleanup, it still looks like it has been ripped straight from Apple's website. That may work for a small private webmail system, but is a show-stopper for a commercial, public or education system.
  • Logout button is almost invisible. The skin does not have to copy the bad parts of the Apple service it is patterned after, if something can be made better it should be.
  • The skin must add support to expand and collapse nested folders.
  • The single tool button that currently just does "Show source" needs to turn into a dropdown that incorporates both the message and tools choices from the default skin. (See the first and second attachments here, as well as the third attachment in the next message.
  • There is an indicator for messages that have been replied to, but no indication for messages that have been forwarded. (See third attachment.)
  • The Select menu (All/Unread/Invert/None) and quota display are missing. (Fourth attachment.)
  • The Filter selector is missing, but we might be able to live without that. (Fifth attachment.)
  • The ability to select the search criteria is missing. (First attachment in next message.)
  • Plugin support is required. For us that includes 'contextmenu', sound_notifier', 'password' and 'vacation'. Note that some of these plugins may require hooks into the theme's CSS ('contextmenu' for example, compare the third and fourth attachments in the next message to the fifth from MobileCube), or possibly their own tab in the Preferences page (examples are 'password' and 'vacation', see second screenshot in next message.

I know what you mean, and this isn't my original theme. I just sorta adopted it, but I think these Ideas are great and we can begin to work on them. It may need some time though. I don't know how long or how little. This will be the 3.0 release. I love the theme look and want to make it universal.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 02:24:12 PM »
Quote from: phireware;24289
ABerglund, flagged messages has been fixed, click in the flagged area to flag a message. Click it again to unflag it. It is now released as version 2.1.2 If you find any other mistakes please let me know!
I confirm - in SVN 3188 with MC 2.1.2 flagging works as expected, the same as in the default theme.
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 02:32:23 PM »
Quote from: phireware;24290
I know what you mean, and this isn't my original theme. I just sorta adopted it, but I think these Ideas are great and we can begin to work on them. It may need some time though. I don't know how long or how little. This will be the 3.0 release. I love the theme look and want to make it universal.
Please don't get me wrong, I applaud and support your efforts to revive and update an abandoned theme. Additional themes for RC v.3.x have been very slow in coming, due in large part to the added complexity of the code that 3.x requires. I'm not much good at CSS and javascript myself, but I'll happily test and and report back as often as necessary. I'm happy to do this because my organization is searching for a replacement for squirrelmail, and Roundcube 3+ with a more intuitive skin is exactly what we need.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 02:35:13 PM by ABerglund »
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline phireware

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 04:11:43 PM »
Quote from: ABerglund;24292
Please don't get me wrong, I applaud and support your efforts to revive and update an abandoned theme. Additional themes for RC v.3.x have been very slow in coming, due in large part to the added complexity of the code that 3.x requires. I'm not much good at CSS and javascript myself, but I'll happily test and and report back as often as necessary. I'm happy to do this because my organization is searching for a replacement for squirrelmail, and Roundcube 3+ with a more intuitive skin is exactly what we need.

What do you think for new login screen? I attached three different shots. Which do you think is best of the three? And what needs to be fixed with it?

Screenshots:
Login 1
Login 2
Login 3