Author Topic: The New MobileMe "MobileCube"  (Read 137690 times)

Offline gavro

The New MobileMe "MobileCube"
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2010, 07:03:55 AM »
In the settings screen you are already using a 3 column layout; are you maybe planning a 3 column layout for the mailview? That'd be somwthing I'd really liked to see (and I think I am not the only one).

Very nice work on the skin! Any chance I could test that 3.0.0 beta version?

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2010, 11:00:22 AM »
I will vote STRONGLY against a three-screen layout for the mail view, unless it can be turned off in the preferences.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline phireware

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2010, 10:36:22 PM »
Quote from: gavro;24410
In the settings screen you are already using a 3 column layout; are you maybe planning a 3 column layout for the mailview? That'd be somwthing I'd really liked to see (and I think I am not the only one).

Very nice work on the skin! Any chance I could test that 3.0.0 beta version?

Very nice idea, others might enjoy it. Although, I must agree with ABerglund I prefer the 2 pane layout for mail. I'll take a look and see if we can make it an option under user prefs? 2 pane would probably end up as default though. We'll see... Also, PM me for info on beta 3.0.0. I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

Posted via Mobile Device

Offline gavro

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2010, 06:04:03 AM »
I must say: I absolutely agree with the option for the mailview and the default setting for horizontal layout :)

Offline phireware

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2010, 05:20:32 PM »
Quote from: gavro;24449
I must say: I absolutely agree with the option for the mailview and the default setting for horizontal layout :)

Alright, i'll have to check it out!

Offline trey

• http://arthritisrelieved.com
2 Column layout is easiest to read
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2010, 12:00:14 AM »
I'd actually prefer the two column layout as it's much easier on the eyes to read.  Unless you have a very large screen monitor!

Trey
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 12:07:36 AM by skaero »

Offline andros69

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2010, 10:17:33 AM »
I haven't downloaded or played with this theme, but I just wanted to give you big Kuddos for your effort.

I've done a skin here and there and with every update to RC I need to go back and change a bunch of stuff. It made it so that now I just want to wait for a more stable version of RC to create a fully customized theme.

I wish there were some efforts to create a better default theme for RC. I understand that this is what the developers like best, but I feel it's lacking in some usability/design. But hey, can't fault them for it, they are doing this amazing work for free and we all benefit from it.

Great job, and nice to see someone pick this theme up again! Keep it up, good themes are sorely needed.

Offline phireware

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 01:23:14 PM »
Hey all, its been a little while since I've been on but I just wanted to post the BETA for all to see so we can get suggestions, find bugs, and get feedback on the theme. I placed the link below as well as on the first post. Comment back please!

Download 3.0.0 Beta1!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/486610/mobilecube/beta/MobileCube3.0.0beta1.zip

marzuki147

Thanks
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2010, 05:51:00 AM »
Thanks for your info.:)

Offline Joel_B

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2010, 09:12:19 AM »
Quote from: phireware;24683
Hey all, its been a little while since I've been on but I just wanted to post the BETA for all to see so we can get suggestions, find bugs, and get feedback on the theme. I placed the link below as well as on the first post. Comment back please!

Download 3.0.0 Beta1!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/486610/mobilecube/beta/MobileCube3.0.0beta1.zip

This is really, really, really good. :D

Two questions:
* Attachments : When I press the "+" button in the top left corner when composing an email the Input Box is hanging in space. Is this supposed to a dialog box...? Will there be a background to it...?
* Any chance of a "Bcc" field. I find this very handy when writing emails. If there's no chance of an actual field, how about a button that would display the field...?

Anyhow... Its really good work you've done on this Skin...!

Offline phireware

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2010, 11:44:10 AM »
Quote from: Joel_B;24780
This is really, really, really good. :D

Two questions:
* Attachments : When I press the "+" button in the top left corner when composing an email the Input Box is hanging in space. Is this supposed to a dialog box...? Will there be a background to it...?
* Any chance of a "Bcc" field. I find this very handy when writing emails. If there's no chance of an actual field, how about a button that would display the field...?

Anyhow... Its really good work you've done on this Skin...!

Thanks! DClark really helped it come back to life as he first started fixing it, I've been tweaking and adding features. Both suggestions are great and I'll see if there is a fix. The dialog box does need a fix as you're right. It does seem to hang there with no background. Hopefully that can be fixed! Thanks for the feedback!

Offline DClark

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2010, 06:30:58 AM »
I'm back I've been going over the code fixing all the little things wrong with the interface on my copy of the theme over the past two weeks. Yesterday I noticed that phireware release his copy of 3.0beta1.
I have incorporated most of the small enhancements and bug fixes made over the last two weeks into this copy.

I was waiting for this new release as I don't want to release duplicate fixes that phireware has already made, I have also fixed some new display bugs in the 3.0beta1 that have been introduced.

Although the theme looked alright in safari it didn't in firefox, that has changed.

(I don't test in any other broswer chrome and standards compliant broswers should be fine, Internet Explorer will be hit or miss ps you shouldn't be using IE its too much of a security risk and will always be one due to the deep hooks into windows.)

Anyway here's a list of all the changes made in this release

Roundcube 3.0.0 Beta 1 RC 1

* Icons overlapped in toolbar when window was resized.
* Search box display issue on firefox, now works across both browsers.
* Search box drop down box is now activated and deactivated by clicking on magnifying glass icon.
* Search box text overlapped reset search button.
* Changed unread message icon with blue dot version.
* Changed read message icon to no dot, makes it look less cluttered.
* Adjusted the splitter bar drag settings, makes it easier to select than before.
* Repostioned filter box was slighly out of alignment.
* On the main window, the icons on the bottom of the window for selecting ranges of messages wasn't displayed on firefox properly.
* Fixed purge & compact icon bar was fixed to bottom of window, looked strange when scrolling window or chnging window size.
* Swapped the new message and print message icons on main toolbar as it looks better.

Items still to be fixed:

* Drop down box for reseting the unread status of message displays but doesn't work.
* Drop down box for source code, print and save displays but doesn't work.
* Also want to make message list header stay in place while scrolling message list.

I'm sure there is more still to be fixed, just taking one screen at a time to fix.

Phireware I like the new login page very nice, its my favourite login screen so far.
The theme is shaping up nicely nearly has all the main features that the default theme has.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:39:53 PM by DClark »

Offline phireware

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2010, 08:42:27 AM »
Quote from: DClark;24823
I'm back I've been going over the code fixing all the little things wrong with the interface on my copy of the theme over the past two weeks. Yesterday I noticed that phireware release his copy of 3.0beta1.
I have incorporated most of the small enhancements and bug fixes made over the last two weeks into this copy.

I was waiting for this new release as I don't want to release duplicate fixes that phireware has already made, I have also fixed some new display bugs in the 3.0beta1 that have been introduced.

Although the theme looked alright in safari it didn't in firefox, that has changed.

(I don't test in any other broswer chrome and standards compliant broswers should be fine, Internet Explorer will be hit or miss ps you shouldn't be using IE its too much of a security risk and will always be one due to the deep hooks into windows.)

Anyway here's a list of all the changes made in this release

Roundcube 3.0.0 Beta 1 RC 1

* Icons overlapped in toolbar when window was resized.
* Search box display issue on firefox, now works across both browsers.
* Search box drop down box is now activated and deactivated by clicking on magnifying glass icon.
* Search box text overlapped reset search button.
* Changed unread message icon with blue dot version.
* Changed read message icon to no dot, makes it look less cluttered.
* Adjusted the splitter bar drag settings, makes it easier to select than before.
* Repostioned filter box was slighly out of alignment.
* On the main window, the icons on the bottom of the window for selecting ranges of messages wasn't displayed on firefox properly.
* Fixed purge & compact icon bar was fixed to bottom of window, looked strange when scrolling window or chnging window size.
* Swapped the new message and print message icons on main toolbar as it looks better.

Items still to be fixed:

* Drop down box for reseting the unread status of message displays but doesn't work.
* Drop down box for source code, print and save displays but doesn't work.
* Also want to make message list header stay in place while scrolling message list.

I'm sure there is more still to be fixed, just taking one screen at a time to fix.

Phireware I like the new login page very nice, its my favourite login screen so far.
The theme is shaping up nicely nearly has all the main features that the default theme has.

Great! One question, the drop down menus have always worked for me, did they work for you and just not work now? Or have they never worked for you? This release will be Beta RC1, we'll just get rid of the 1 after beta as most features we are trying to implement are in the theme. Again, nice work and thanks!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 08:55:05 AM by phireware »

Offline phireware

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2010, 08:54:35 AM »
DClark, have you tested it in Safari? I'm getting alot of bugs that are causing it not to run great.

Offline DClark

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2010, 12:34:59 PM »
Quote from: phireware;24826
DClark, have you tested it in Safari? I'm getting alot of bugs that are causing it not to run great.

Yeah I tested it in safari but only the changes that I made, I've since rechecked and the above mentioned menus work as expected in Safari but don't in Firefox.

What sort of bugs are you getting in Safari, I've found that empting the broswer cache after alot of changes in the code solves some problems. I think sometimes the broswer is using old cached files instead of downloading the new ones from the server.

I have checked quickly things that were changed again but looks ok to me.