Author Topic: Inbox shows incorrect emails  (Read 4407 times)

Offline link470

Inbox shows incorrect emails
« on: February 10, 2010, 02:04:17 AM »
Hello!  

I'm having a major issue at the moment using HmailServer and Roundcube [both latest versions] and can't figure out why this is happening.  

I logged into the roundcube webmail client and I noticed I had around 150 or so junk email in my inbox.  I hadn't logged in for a couple weeks on this account.  So I highlighted all junk mail, and hit the junk mail button up top, and all looked well.  I refreshed the inbox and deleted the next batch, and the next batch, and I'm not sure what happened, but whatever it was, I'd see at the top "Successfully reported as junk" and then about 2 seconds later "Could not move the message" and it appears right back in my inbox.  I got the inbox down to 3 new emails.  But the numbers are off, something's not right.  Along the side bar, I see Inbox (5), so I have 5 new emails there.  In the actual message area of the Inbox I have 3 emails which are all read and are all junk.  I can't move any of them.  When I connect to my email account via IMAP, my actual Inbox is empty.  I've deleted everything I can.  There's nothing there.  So Roundcube appears to be showing incorrect information in the inbox.  I logged out and logged back in, and can't figure it out.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 03:35:17 AM »
I'm guessing you have caching enabled, it sounds like its just got itself in a bit of a mess, try either clearing the cache and and let it rebuild (or if you dont really need it then turn it off)
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline link470

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 09:48:55 PM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;25444
I'm guessing you have caching enabled, it sounds like its just got itself in a bit of a mess, try either clearing the cache and and let it rebuild (or if you dont really need it then turn it off)

Thanks!  How would I do this?  Is this a line I need to edit in the config file of Roundcube itself?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 06:48:37 AM »
yep, take a look in [rc root]/config/main.inc.php, search for $rcmail_config['enable_caching'], if it is set to true then change it to false.

Offline link470

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 06:58:56 PM »
Thanks for your reply.  I turned off Caching and restarted the web server.  I logged into the account today and deleted some junk mail, all went well, but those same 3 emails are still there, and inbox still shows 5 new.  Here's a screenshot.

Offline link470

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 02:43:42 PM »
Anyone have any ideas?  Still working on this.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 05:33:43 AM »
try turning on imap_debug in your config, then loading your inbox. may be there is some clue in debug log.

Offline link470

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 09:12:03 PM »
Found the problem.  Antivirus on the mail server was causing the issue.  The real time scanner I was using [not with the mail server software, but on the server itself] was picking up the message and halting me doing anything with it.  The popup appeared on the server that a virus was stopped, but RoundCube showed "could not move the message" on the client side because the antivirus software had it hostage until I dealt with the popup.  I only just found out cause I happened to be updating the server software remotely and on another monitor I tried deleting those files again.  Saw out of the corner of my eye on the server that the antivirus popup had come up and had a "ah ha!" moment.   Disabled the realtime scanner, RoundCube deleted the files no problem.  Problem solved!