Author Topic: File upload failed  (Read 5416 times)

Offline Micke

File upload failed
« on: January 25, 2010, 08:32:24 AM »
Hi all,

I've got a tricky problem where I cannot upload attachments using the newest stable release of roundcube using a fresh install.

I've read several threads around this problem but didn't find any solution.

I'm running Windows Server 2003 web edition using the xampp pack.

This is what I've tried without success:
Apache logging (no error recorded)
Full php logging (no error/warning recorded)
Roundcube logs directory (no error no matter the debug level parameter)
Add the 'everyone' user to have full access to the temp folder within roundcube
Write the path to the temp folder using windows path instead of relative path
Install another webmail program (squirrelmail) which works fine with moving attachments to the attach folder.

The attachments gets added to the php upload tmp folder but never moved to the roundcube/temp folder (unless it gets removed so quick that my remote desktop session doesn't see it).

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
File upload failed
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 09:17:21 AM »
Your in luck a patch was posted a couple of hours ago (amusing that you are having the same attachment problem) I haven't tested it yet http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1484660
Also check if your RoundCube log directory is writable.

Offline Micke

File upload failed
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 09:34:43 AM »
I earlier tried putting the php max memory to 512mb and uploading a 7kb file but that didn't fix it either (missed to say that).

When I "create" errors by removing a semi colon for example it does get written to the log directory, but there are no errrors reported when it comes to the attachments.

It is the javascript file that throws the file upload failed error (if that makes any difference).

I'll try the patch, see what it does :) How do I easiest install it? I guess I shouldn't manually go through the files and update the lines ;) Also, it says 0.4 milestone, does it work out of the box with 3 as well?

Micke
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 09:37:26 AM by Micke »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
File upload failed
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 11:11:07 PM »
The patch only works with the SVN, but sounds like your having a different problem if you can't send any attachments. I recommend trying out the SVN to see if that helps the problem.