Author Topic: RoundCube Calendar (jQuery Calendar)  (Read 76325 times)

Offline Lazlo

RoundCube Calendar (jQuery Calendar)
« on: February 08, 2010, 08:42:23 AM »
@Translators, I've attached the localizations file for the next release 0.2 BETA.
You can mail translations to me or attach them to a post. (I already have complete English, Dutch and Russian translations.

@Everyone, 0.2 BETA has a full calendar (day, week and month view) and support for custom backends. Currently there only is a database backend. But someone is working on a davical backend and a Google Calendar API backend can be written very simply now.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 08:48:08 AM by Lazlo »

Offline bagu

• Bagu.biz
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 11:59:47 AM »
Here is french translation

Offline Lazlo

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 12:14:06 PM »
Thanks you, added it to the 0.2 BETA trunk.

Offline Lazlo

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 06:45:56 PM »
I've just released 0.2 BETA: RoundCube Calendar
Biggest changes are the full calendar (complete JS rewrite) and the support for custom backends.
Only a database backend is provided. The Google backend is not functional yet, it's only a start/example.
ICal export function will be completed next BETA/Release Candidate.

Offline mmaraghy

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 07:45:53 PM »
Beta 0.2 uploaded and working great. Love the implementation of fullcalendar with the ability to switch between day/week/month view. Works smooth and fast. I will be keeping a close eye on this one and eagerly waiting further development and more features.

NOTE: previous calendar plugin folder should be deleted from the server before uploading the new version. not all of the old files are overwritten if you just try to replace the previous version and everything gets all messed up.

Offline xrxca

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 12:53:16 AM »
Quote from: Lazlo;25329
I've just released 0.2 BETA:

What version of roundcube is required for this?

ie: do I need the latest from svn. I tried this under 0.3.1-20091031 and with Firefox and Prism I can go to the calendar and everthing seems to work OK, but none of the other toolbar buttons are working (ie: I can't get out of the calendar once I get in)
Correction they are working, but have just been disabled until a Request timed out message comes up.
And under IE (7 I think, I never use it except for page testing) I get an error message Line: 51 Error: Expected identifier, string or number

I disabled all the plugins except calendar as a test and get the same result.

I also got a File does not exist: ...mail/plugins/calendar/program/js/tooltip.js in my server log (commenting out the toolbar.js include_script line cleared that up)

Additionally I'm getting a bunch of "File does not exist: /var/www/webmail/plugins/calendar/skins/default/css/images, referer: https://...." in the error log.
These seem to show up when the event edit box comes up.

Offline rosali

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 01:34:28 AM »
It does not work for me. I have created the database table 'events' by the included script and disabled all other plugins.

It never loads events. It does not even see calendar.php::getEvents. I get Error message "Server Error! (OK)". Nothing in the logs. It is not a browser issue (both IE/FF).

Events are created successfully in the database. It looks like the problem is anywhere in the javascript stuff.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline Lazlo

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 03:07:54 AM »
Quote from: xrxca;25336
What version of roundcube is required for this?

ie: do I need the latest from svn. I tried this under 0.3.1-20091031 and with Firefox and Prism I can go to the calendar and everthing seems to work OK, but none of the other toolbar buttons are working (ie: I can't get out of the calendar once I get in)
Correction they are working, but have just been disabled until a Request timed out message comes up.
And under IE (7 I think, I never use it except for page testing) I get an error message Line: 51 Error: Expected identifier, string or number

I disabled all the plugins except calendar as a test and get the same result.

I also got a File does not exist: ...mail/plugins/calendar/program/js/tooltip.js in my server log (commenting out the toolbar.js include_script line cleared that up)

Additionally I'm getting a bunch of "File does not exist: /var/www/webmail/plugins/calendar/skins/default/css/images, referer: https://...." in the error log.
These seem to show up when the event edit box comes up.

I've only tested with the latest trunk. But 0.3.1 should work too.

Fixed the tooltip.js, old dev stuff.

Working on the missing images, they aren't used but still included by the jQuery UI css.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 03:15:46 AM by Lazlo »

Offline Lazlo

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 03:16:51 AM »
Quote from: rosali;25337
It does not work for me. I have created the database table 'events' by the included script and disabled all other plugins.

It never loads events. It does not even see calendar.php::getEvents. I get Error message "Server Error! (OK)". Nothing in the logs. It is not a browser issue (both IE/FF).

Events are created successfully in the database. It looks like the problem is anywhere in the javascript stuff.

Are you sure you have overwritten all old files? Does it give any JS errors?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 03:30:10 AM »
Quote from: Lazlo;25340
I've only tested with the latest trunk. But 0.3.1 should work too.
The latest trunk is using jQuery 1.4 RoundCobe 0.3.1 use jQuery 1.3

Offline Lazlo

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 03:33:43 AM »
That should be no problem.

Offline lacri

• http://www.php-lexikon.de
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 03:37:31 AM »
Wowwww respect Lazlo great work this calender is perfekt great design perfect look and feel nice features i love this.

Many thanks this calendar wonderfull

Offline rosali

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 04:55:09 AM »
Lazlo,

yes, I copied it into a new folder but I did not empty the browser cache. I'll see today evening on my home test environment if the problems still persists.

I have it uploaded now on my VPS and it works. A difference between my VPS and my home server is that RC does not run in a root folder there. Everything else is the same. I'll see ...

Two urgent IE7 fixes:

#1-calendar.js:

Code: [Select]

buttonText: {
      today: response.settings['today'],
      day: rcmail.gettext('day', 'calendar'),
      week: rcmail.gettext('week', 'calendar'),
      month: rcmail.gettext('month', 'calendar'),
    },

replace with:
Code: [Select]

buttonText: {
      today: response.settings['today'],
      day: rcmail.gettext('day', 'calendar'),
      week: rcmail.gettext('week', 'calendar'),
      month: rcmail.gettext('month', 'calendar')
    },

IE7 does not like the "," before the closing "}". It breaks the whole application.

#2 - IE7 does not render css margin-top correct. A workaround is to add a tag in the skin template ...

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:25:49 AM by rosali »
Regards,
Rosali

Offline lacri

• http://www.php-lexikon.de
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 05:00:15 AM »
with my svn copy i have the same problem ... i have change jquery to 1.3 and the request work the issue is debug with firebug the request via GET plugin.getEvents dont work the response is not a JSON response the response is formated as HTML

Offline Lazlo

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 05:11:01 AM »
I fixed the "," problem for IE7 and some other small fixes.

Also updated in 0.2 BETA package.