Author Topic: How do I add multiple recipients from address book?  (Read 4839 times)

Offline Tonyrc

How do I add multiple recipients from address book?
« on: April 03, 2009, 04:59:25 PM »
Searched for this problem but could not find an answer - sorry if it's been answered before. Anyway my problem is:- I compose a message and type in a recipient, (maybe not from my address book!) or select one from my address book, I then decide that I want to send the mail to another recipient and I try to open the address book either for the first time or second if the first recipient came from the address book, Then I get a message saying the "Message has not been sent. Do you want to discard your message?" the answer to that is NO, I want to add another recipient and then send it.  This is also the case if I compose the message before adding the first recipient. How do I add multiple recipients?

P.S. I'm on 0.2 Stable (this is not in the Prefix drop down!)

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 05:58:24 AM »
Hi, at the moment i dont think it is possible to switch back and forth from the addressbook when composing a message. but there is auto complete from the recipient boxes. you can put your cursor in the To box, start typing the name of the person in your addressbook and a little box should appear with their address. then put a comma then the next person.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Tonyrc

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 06:13:47 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I would say that's a function that needs adding with a lot of importance and as soon as possible.
I tried typing the name that is in the address book but it didn't come up. I forget how I managed it in the end, it certainly was not easy. This is the first major niggle I have found on this great webmail package. If anybody has made any mods to get this working please post. Many Thanks.

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 04:21:12 AM »
Quote from: Tonyrc;18255
I tried typing the name that is in the address book but it didn't come up. I forget how I managed it in the end, it certainly was not easy.

When you start to compose a message from the addressbook, the recipient's name is not followed by a ,. Add the comma after the name and you can start typing the next recipient's name.
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Offline Tonyrc

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 10:52:26 AM »
OK, got it. I typed the email that is not in my address book then expected RC to give me the options for the next email address from my address book. It didn't do it until, as you say, put a comma in after the first email address. I'm expecting it to react like outlook does. OK I know how to get it to work now, Thanks everybody for the replies. Still think it would be nice to be able to open the address book without having to lose the email you are composing.

Offline rcfan007

Adding multiple recipients from address book
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 08:48:51 AM »
Hi,

Has this feature been introduced or not yet?

I too need this feature, as it is quite handy to pick the email recipients by clicking a To: link or something like that. It should pop up with an address book and composer of the email should be able to check the addresses of the people to whom they would like to email.

At the moment this is not possible without losing the email?

Or tell me how a plugin for this kind of feature can be written, some guidelines and I'll make an attempt to write the plugin?

Many thanks,

Nanda