Author Topic: Sticky Notes Plugin  (Read 24849 times)

Offline rosali

Sticky Notes Plugin
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 12:23:07 AM »
Please check new release.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline jriera

Sticky Notes Plugin
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 06:06:25 PM »

Offline dahepe

Store Notes as IMAP Messages
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2010, 08:34:11 AM »
Hi,

I really like the idea of storing notes together with mails on an IMAP server to make them accessible from everywhere. And thus your plugin seemed to be what was looking for. But as far as I understood the notes are stored in a separate table and not as messages on the IMAP server (Is this correct?).

For me this has several drawbacks as one always has to use the roundcube frontend to view and edit the notes. The notes are not accessible by other applications.

Did you already think of storing the notes as IMAP messages in a special Notes-Folder. Apple's notes App does so and creates Messages like the one below for each note in a folder called "Notes":

Code: [Select]
Subject: Test Note
X-Universally-Unique-Identifier: 34402265-14EE-4B2F-A7DC-F71C178B1268
Content-Type: text/html;
charset=utf-8
X-Uniform-Type-Identifier: com.apple.mail-note
Message-Id: <C9A1E495-561C-4B58-8846-A3B192EF92D5@XXXXX.XX>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:15:00 +0100
X-Mail-Created-Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:15:00 +0100
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Mime-Version: 1.0 (iPhone Mail 8B117)

Test Note

I know "Only because Apple does something this must not be good". But this has the advantage that the notes are available in every mail application and not only in roundcube. And I don't see any real drawbacks...

Best regards,
Daniel.

Offline rosali

Sticky Notes Plugin
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 06:20:15 AM »
I can't do that. We need note id, note position x and note position y. I could add this as Xtra headers if the note is created by Roundcube. Notes created by Apple do not have this informations. So, they can't be processed by Roundcube.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 07:31:11 AM by rosali »
Regards,
Rosali

Offline dahepe

Sticky Notes Plugin
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2010, 06:33:01 AM »
Quote from: rosali;31233
I can't do that. We need note id, note position x and note position y. I could add this as Xtra headers if the note is created by Roundcube. Notes created by Apple do not have this informations. So, they can't be processed by Roundcube.

I already imagined that this would be problematic. Perhaps one could use Xtra-Tags for the position as you mentioned and display notes without a position tag on a default location. Like newly created notes. If one creates multiple notes with another application, one would have to arrange these notes but this should not be too inconvenient I think...

Regarding the ID, I think the used UUID in the X-Universally-Unique-Identifier header would make a pretty good ID :-) Of course it is not compatible with the currently used note-ID

Best regards
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 07:30:59 AM by rosali »