Roundcube Community Forum

adding skype buttons?

Started by pcresponse, February 07, 2010, 02:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcresponse

Hi to all,

I am surprised to find out that you can not add skype buttons in the email signature?

Unless there is a way and I have not found it..... please can support be added for this for future releases.

regards

SKaero

In identities check the html signature then click on the "html" button and put the skype button code in the box.

rosali

skaero, I believe Roundcube does still not support inline image attachments. Just to have an external link is bad...
Regards,
Rosali

SKaero

A skype button links to a external image, what is so bad about have a external image linked image in a email?

rosali

It is bad that most Mail Clients block external images by default due to privacy reasons - and that is good so. Roundcube does not show external images by default too. OE does not either.
Regards,
Rosali

SKaero

True but 95% of the emails I get that have images are external, so it a regular problem but I don't find it to annoying.

corbosman

External images are used to track if you have read an email and are thus a real person (with a valuable email address, because obviously it works). If you look you'll see that quite a few external image links have random looking filenames. Thats just a way to link email address to a specific link target.

SKaero

I am aware of that, but the Skype image doesn't do tracking and you have to unblock images most of the time anyway so I don't think its that big of deal. I wouldn't use it in my email signature but it doesn't pose a security risk.