Author Topic: Cannot compose or reply in Firefox  (Read 9867 times)

Offline twiss

Cannot compose or reply in Firefox
« on: February 14, 2010, 08:33:46 PM »
Hi all,

I am a newbie to this so please forgive me if I am re-posting a known issue. I tried to search for a resolution but the results didn't quite match my problem.

Here is my setup to begin.
CentOS: 5.4
Apache: 2.2.11
MySQL:  5.1.30
PHP:      5.2.8
---------------
Roundcube: 0.3.1
=============

Issue: I cannot compose or reply messages in the inbox. If I click on one of the icons (compose/reply/reply All) the page just refreshes, and relists the inbox. This only seems to happen in Firefox or Google Chrome though... I have cleared my cache, cookies on my browser but that didn't help. Javascript is working fine. I tested on other machines too. I am on a shared host, so I cannot restart my server. IE8 works just fine. This is a new installation as well. The links worked once or twice, but not anymore. The links do not have correct URLs or Alt text anymore either. eg.
Compose button IE8: "http://webiste/email/?_task=mail&_action=compose"
Compose button FF/google: "http://website/email/?_task=mail" (no alt text)

Any ideas what the issue could be?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 08:45:41 PM by twiss »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 12:23:37 AM »
Is there anything in your error log?

Offline twiss

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 07:07:37 PM »
No, my error log is empty.

Offline twiss

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 05:41:16 AM »
Any ideas anyone?

Offline twiss

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 11:18:21 AM »
Furthermore, I have uninstalled, and reinstalled it. Retested it, and found out that I can compose only once after I have installed it, then afterwards, it is not possible again. So soonafter I compose and log out, some file is changed. The database however remains exactly the same.

Offline twiss

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 11:41:12 AM »
Bizzare as it might sound, I think I may have figured out what the issue was. I changed the logo from the roundcube one to the company's logo, and it stopped working. If I change it back it works again. Wierd. Is that some king of digital signature or something? Else maybe with the difference in .png size, its affecting the way firefox processes the ajax code? Im bummed here... but it seems to be working at least. Logo or no logo

Offline twiss

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 11:52:20 AM »
ok now I REALLY figured it out. The logo was overlapping the compose/reply icons. It has invisibility on some parts, and they just happened to be ontop of the icons. So when I thought I was clicking the icons, I was actually clicking the logo, which by default refreshes the screen and goes to the home page...

I know... retarded.

Offline rosali

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 11:57:04 AM »
Each little hint helps others ... Which skin did you use on which screen resolution?
Regards,
Rosali

Offline DooMFeaR

Re: Cannot compose or reply in Firefox
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 06:00:53 PM »
I still encounter this problem. Can't compose, reply, reply to all when I'm using Google Chrome, but with Internet Explorer roundcube works great. Anyone know what to do?

Roundcube 0.7.1

Offline alec

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 02:06:36 AM »
Upgrade.

Offline DooMFeaR

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 07:04:45 AM »
Topic must close! I've found the problem. I changed the logo with one of my own and it was too big. The logo covered some buttons up there. :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 07:18:00 AM by DooMFeaR »

Offline danger89

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 06:55:36 AM »
I also suddenly have this issue. When I press the Reply button, a new pages loads as expected. I see the e-mail and my WYSIWYG editor appear. And then when the page is almost loaded, it will redirect back to the inbox!! :(

EDIT:
I tried to reinstall Roundcube again, I'm running version 1.1.2, without luck. In Firefox I still got this strange behavior. Under Chrome it just works fine.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:42:50 AM by danger89 »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 01:15:33 PM »
That clearly a different problem. Is there anything in the Roundcube error log? Whats in the JS console?