Author Topic: Blocked images - link to blocked.gif being insetred into sent emails  (Read 8565 times)

Offline haydendigital

Hi,

I have a client who is using roundcube for their emails. They have a signature with an image in it which is remotely hosted.

If they send an email to a contact, and that contact then replies, their own signature image is automatically blocked and replaced with 'blocked.gif' - which is fine.

However, if they then reply without first clicking 'Show images' a link to the 'blocked.gif' file, which is hosted behind a login in the roundcude directory is included in their reply.

So, when the recipeint receives this mail they are propmted (several times in some cases) to login to the senders roundcude webmail. This is of course very problematic!

I can't see a version number for RoundCube so I'm assuming its the latest (0.30) I'm running WHM/cPanel 11.25 STABLE

Offline haydendigital

Blocked images - link to blocked.gif being insetred into sent emails
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 09:52:44 AM »
Any update on this? I can't be the only one seeing this issue - or am I posting in the wrong place?

Offline rosali

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 09:56:16 AM »
Does the other side use some kind of http authentication protection on the roundcube folder? Otherwise there is no (default) password protection to any of Roundcube's subfolders.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline fooey

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 01:34:01 PM »
I am getting this problem too.

I have Apache password protection on the roundcube directory so when I reply to an email with images (with HTML) then the people getting the email are then prompted to login...

Is there a way to fix this? I don't want to remove the password protection from the folder. Why is roundcube hijacking the images?

Offline fooey

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 01:34:58 PM »
If you change the email format to Plain Text this doesn't happen, but obviously not an ideal solution

Offline fooey

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 02:27:04 PM »
OK seem to have found it.

If you have access to the server / code, then as a temporary "hack fix" until it gets resolved properly just move the blocked.gif to a publicly accessible location and just hardcode it in...

program\steps\mail\func.inc

// clean HTML with washhtml by Frederic Motte
  $wash_opts = array(
    'show_washed' => false,
    'allow_remote' => $p['safe'],
   'blocked_src' => "./program/blocked.gif",
    'charset' => RCMAIL_CHARSET,
    'cid_map' => $cid_replaces,
    'html_elements' => array('body'),
  );

Offline rosali

Regards,