Author Topic: Wanting Reply and Signature to appear at top  (Read 5013 times)

Offline bobg

Wanting Reply and Signature to appear at top
« on: February 22, 2010, 07:12:39 AM »
What do I need to do to ensure that a reply to an email along with my signature starts at the top and not, as it currently does, at the bottom. I appreciate that there are certain 'politics' as to why this is, but I'd really like the reply to start with the cursor and my signature flashing at the top.
Thank you, Bob

Offline rosali

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 08:38:04 AM »
This feature is implemented in SVN trunk (Roundcube Webmail).
Regards,
Rosali

Offline bobg

Not sure how to use SVN
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 09:08:57 AM »
Many thanks for that, Rosani
Please forgive my inexperience though - I'm not sure how to implement SVN. I have gone to the SVN Repository, located a list of files, under release-0.3.1/program/js. I then simply downloaded all seven individual files from the js folder (BUT NOT THE 'tiny_mce' folder or it's files) and then FTP'd them up to the js folder on my server (overwriting the ones already there, of course). However, I still get the cursor and signature appearing at the bottom. Should I be uploading more SVN Repository files (would seem like quite a faff having to download all files, one at at time!). I have no problem with html and css, but php and javascript!!! Thank you, Bob

Offline rosali

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 09:24:45 AM »
/trunk ? Roundcube Webmail

See the small "Zip Archive" link to download the whole application.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline bobg

Many thanks, but I need to install 70+ times !
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 09:54:28 AM »
Hi Rosali
That's been very helpful, thank you. However, might fault - I should have said. I'm a reseller, and yestered I installed RoundCube into approx. 70 domains. I also did some fine tuning in config/main.inc.php. My clients are this week using RoundCube for the first time, and are giving me feedback - the only issue so far is replies starting with the cursor at the bottom, as I said. How do I 'upgrade' (for lack of a better word) the package in 70 domains without overwriting the changes I made to main.inc.php. Is there an upgrade proceedure, as opposed to simply FTP'ing and thus overwriting? Also, whichever proceedure I use, can I perform the 'upgrade' whilst my clients are using the programme at that very moment!?
I do very much appreciate your help with this, thank you. Bob

Offline bobg

PS - I forgot to say
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 09:58:52 AM »
It's only the cursor and signature appearing at the bottom instead of the top that I am hoping to sort out - do I have to upgrade the whole of RoundCube, or is it just one or two particular files that I need to upload. Better still, I'm happy with editing PHP and JS files in a text editor - can I simply edit the existing live files to fix the cursor/signature issue? Thank you, Bob.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 10:42:51 AM »
You would need to change all the the files listed here: http://trac.roundcube.net/changeset/3087 and also this: http://trac.roundcube.net/attachment/ticket/1486330/separator-3261.patch
If you have 70 domains I recommend having one globe install, it will be a lot easier for updates check out http://www.roundcubeforum.net/7-third-party-contributions/46-api-based-plugins/5718-simple-multiple-domains-login.html
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 10:45:29 AM by skaero »

Offline bobg

I'd be happy with just the Cursor at the top now
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 12:57:01 PM »
Many thanks for that, Skaero. I uploaded the listed files, but I didn't do the patch, as I simply don't know what's involved in doing that. With just the replacement files uploaded, I was then unable to go to Settings: "Page not found", etc.
Forget about getting the Signature at the top (I'll wait until version 0.4 for that, I think!), is there a simply bit of programming or file replacement that I can do to get just the Cursor positioning itself at the top by default? I think I can put up with the signature at the bottom :-(, but wha't involved it getting the Cursor to start at the top? Is it something that can be done independent of the signature position. Any help greatly received. Thank you, Bob.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 11:24:28 AM »
The patch has been improved and incorporated into SVN 3315 and newer.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline v900

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 03:46:37 PM »
I installed the latest (0.3.1) version of roundcube just some week ago.

Can someone explain in plain english ;D how I make the cursor and signature appear on top of previous message please.

I tried to find and edit a text string in the app.js as suggested in a thread but it was not in there.

This should really be a no-brainer on a big webmail project as this seems to be right?

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 08:31:46 PM »
Quote from: v900;26040
I installed the latest (0.3.1) version of roundcube just some week ago.

Can someone explain in plain english ;D how I make the cursor and signature appear on top of previous message please.
Download and install this developer's release instead of 0.3.1.

http://trac.roundcube.net/changeset/latest/trunk/?old_path=%2F&format=zip
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA