Author Topic: RCGuard and Fail2Ban plugin not working together  (Read 6893 times)

Offline mattfox27

RCGuard and Fail2Ban plugin not working together
« on: September 21, 2010, 12:31:50 AM »
Helllo...Im using the latest Version of RC on my own IIS webserver using Hmail.  I'm using the RCguard plugin which has a captcha window pop up after 3 failed logins.  I would also like to have the fail2ban plugin work in conjunction so like after 6 failed logins it would lock you out.  When I turn the fail2ban plugin on it overrides the RCguard plugin and RCguard doesn't work.  I also tried to get the remember_me plugin to work with RCguard but it again overrides the RCguard plugin.  Is there a specific way these need to be put in the .conf file?  I have the RCguard set at 3 login attempts and fail2ban at 6 attempts so its not interfering with each other that way.  Whats really odd is the remember_me plugin overrides and disables these other plugins...Any Ideas.  Thank You

BTW...Im new to RoundCube and its AWESOME I love it...its great and exactly what i have been looking for.

Offline rosali

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 12:50:06 AM »
Why don't you use hmail autoban feature along with hmail_autoban plugin?

You have to add an appropriate IP-Range in hMail settings like described
here: http://www.hmailserver.com/documentation/latest/?page=reference_autoban
Regards,
Rosali

Offline mattfox27

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 01:16:21 AM »
I just figured it out when i use the RCguard it stops all other plugins from working...that sucks i really like having the captcha feature, i wonder why its doing this.  I was trying to get contextmenu to work and it wouldn't then i disabled RCguard and poof it worked.

I'm new to RCmail...is there any special way to intitialize the plugins? this is how i have it but only one at a time works i have to comment the other ones out.  

$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array();
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array(contextmenu);
// $rcmail_config['plugins'] = array(fail2ban);
// $rcmail_config['plugins'] = array(remember_me);
// $rcmail_config['plugins'] = array(rcguard);
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:21:56 AM by mattfox27 »

Offline mattfox27

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 01:45:39 AM »
I figured it out i was initializing the plugins wrong i thought they had to be new individual lines.  Do they still need to have single quotes on them?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 03:22:13 AM »
the line in your config should be something like:
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('contextmenu','fail2ban','remember_me','rcguard');
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦