Author Topic: Browser memory consumption  (Read 5725 times)

Offline yakuza

Browser memory consumption
« on: October 02, 2006, 11:40:14 AM »
I've noticed that IE consumes huge amounts of memory after I've had Roundcube running for a while. My use model is to fire up Roundcube when I get to work, leave it running all day, then logout. Come back the next day, fire up Roundcube (in the same browser instance), etc repeat for days/weeks until I reboot the system.

When I finally do exit the instance of the browser, it frees up 300+mb of memory (according to TaskManager).

Is this simply the browser keeping too much history, or is Roundcube not cleaning up after itself? Anyone else had issues like this?

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: Browser memory consumption
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 07:15:05 AM »
Honestly, sounds like a browser issue. If roundcube loads stuff into memory, the it should be kept only until the "max memory limit" is reached. The browser should know when the max memory limit is reached and then start deleting the old to free up space for the new.

If you're talking about your server, it's a possibility that Roundcube isn't cleaning up properly. That's something that would have to be investigated further.

Offline yakuza

Re: Browser memory consumption
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 06:26:42 PM »
I should have mentioned it is with IE6, on Windows XP SP2. It could definitely be the browser, in fact most likely is, was just curious if other users had experienced this as well.