Author Topic: searchbox plugin  (Read 5767 times)

Offline corbosman

searchbox plugin
« on: October 09, 2009, 06:00:47 PM »
Hi all, a while ago I made a basic searchbox plugin allowing you to set the default search fields for the search box. You could only set 1 global set for everyone.

It's pretty easy to extend this, so i figure id better do that. But id like some feedback on how people would like to configure the search box search fields.

There are 2 options I think:

- i save the last search settings you use so they become persistent through logins

- i give you a settings box that allows you to set your default search set.

These are mutually exclusive, it's not very sensible to have both. Any thoughts on which would be the most useful option?  Im leaning towards the first, saving your last search options.

Cor

Offline Trizzunkz

searchbox plugin
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 12:05:03 AM »
Option 1 sounds like an excellent idea!
I was searching this forum for system option to set the default search fields because I'm sick of searching for an email I know exists, and getting no results because not enough fields were selected. It would be great if my previous choices were persistant.
It's been a few months since you made this post, hows the plugin coming along?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
searchbox plugin
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 04:12:39 PM »
i'm not sure if its quite the same thing but have you see these changes in the trunk?
Changeset 3310 ? Roundcube Webmail
Changeset 3312 ? Roundcube Webmail
search defaults for each folder can be defined in the main config file and a users search settings are remembered between sessions.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦