Author Topic: Login Problem  (Read 4054 times)

Offline tzpow

Login Problem
« on: March 24, 2010, 12:55:33 AM »
I installed Roundcube and Hmailserver in one machine. I am not sure if I configure Roundcube correctly. Basically, I am now able to get to the login page. I enter my username  joeblow@something.com and enter the correct password for my email. When i click on login button it just said "The page cannot be displayed" So i try other email account and they all say the same message. Those emails are good, I am able to send and receive emails in Outlook Express.

So l query the users table in the Roundcube database and it is empty. My question is how do I add user accounts So they can use with Roundcube?

Offline dshepherd

Login Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 10:06:49 AM »
Check that the following setting is set to TRUE in your config file:

$rcmail_config['auto_create_user'] = TRUE;

This will automatically create roundcube users when they first login successfully.

Offline tzpow

Login Problem
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 12:26:30 PM »
auto_create_user has always been set to true...

I am confused on how does Roundcube know that I have such email accounts in Hmailserver. At which point does Roundcube make the connection to Hmail database and look up the email address because I sure I did not provide my Hmail password in the Roundcube Config... It never asked.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 12:31:13 PM by tzpow »

Offline dshepherd

Login Problem
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 12:35:09 PM »
Roundcube won't contact the hmail database directly but by having the auto_create_user set to true, the first time a user logs in successfully rc will create the user in the rc database as it knows that the user exists on the mail server. This user will then be used in the rc database for rc settings.

It would be worth checking you have the correct username/password set in your rc db config file.

Offline tzpow

Login Problem
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 12:53:44 PM »
This is what I have in the db config file:
$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://DBusername:DBpassword@localhost/roundcubemail';

The dbusername and password are correct because I am able to connect to it in Mysql Administration.

Any other reasons that why I am unable to login.

thanks

Offline dshepherd

Login Problem
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »
Have you checked your logs for errors?

Offline tzpow

Login Problem
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 01:28:29 PM »
There is no logs in the the Logs folder. It has only has one .htaccess file . Is there other place where I can get the logs?  Also, it didn't produce any error when I login. It just redirect to page where it says "page cannot be display"

So here are the steps of how I login

1. I point my browser to http://www.mysite.com/mail/index.php <-- The mail directory is where I store my RC files

2. I enter my email in username and password and when i click the button, it just redirect me to http://www.mysite.com/mail/ with a  "page cannot be display" error.

Strange

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Login Problem
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 03:40:50 PM »
hi,

i think this has come up before, did you try searching the forum?

have you tried whats suggested here http://www.roundcubeforum.net/5-release-support/17-pending-issues/5205-404-not-found-error-when-logging.html

and i think there is another thread about needing to use index.php explicity rather than /?args...... but i cant find that thread right now :/
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline tzpow

Login Problem
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 04:24:30 PM »
Thanks soo much to dshepherd and JohnDoh... I don't know what the problem was, but the fix is by adding index.php under property of the website in iis in the Documents tab.

thanks