Author Topic: Sort by Display Name  (Read 2447 times)

Offline chicken12

Sort by Display Name
« on: April 12, 2010, 02:24:32 AM »
Is there a way to change the sort by name from smtp address to display name?  I just moved over to roundcube and a bunch of the users are totally confused by the sort by name how it is done today.  Please let me know.  Thanks!!

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Sort by Display Name
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 09:13:09 AM »
where in the system are you talking about?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline chicken12

Sort by Display Name
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 02:32:28 PM »
I am having sorting by name issues in any of the folders.  If you click the sender column and hit sort by that instead of the default date it sorts but it does not look like it is putting anything in any sort of order.  See attached screen shot.  As you can see I am in the inbox and the first email that shows up is from a person named Scott.  The reason they are first is this persons email address is not scott@something.com, it is aaascott@something.com.  All the users of the new Roundcube system I setup are confused as they don't necessarily know/remember what peoples email addresses are as they are used to seeing the display name.  I need to figure out a way to change it so Roundcube sorts based on display name and not smtp address.  This just seems like the way roundcube should do this by default.  Thanks Chris!