Author Topic: 0.4 Beta Upgrade Problems  (Read 4123 times)

Offline SabreWolfy

0.4 Beta Upgrade Problems
« on: April 27, 2010, 08:52:15 AM »
I'm upgrading from 0.31 to 0.4 beta. I followed the instructions in the UPGRADING file. I copied over all files specified. I ran the upgrade.sh file. It complained:

Code: [Select]
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/imap.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/imap.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/ldap.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/ldap.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/mcrypt.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/mcrypt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/mhash.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/mhash.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

and about the database:

WARNING: Database schema needs to be updated!
Open /etc/roundcube/SQL/mysql.update.sql and execute all queries that are superscribed with the currently installed version number

I copied out the required line from the mysql.upgrade.sql file and ran these into the database, without errors. I ran the upgrade script again and it complained exactly as before.

I tried to login but my password now no longer worked. I replaced .htaccess and checked file permissions. Password still not accepted.

I edited the main.inc.php file to enable the installer. Now when I navigate to the installer URL I get:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /etc/roundcube/config/db.inc.php:68) in /etc/roundcube/installer/index.php on line

I searched for this and removed the two blank lines at the end of the file. Still can't log in :(

Offline SabreWolfy

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 11:17:59 AM »
Install the 4 extra PHP requirements, so that's solved.

However:

• I still cannot login ("Login failed").
  • And even after running the required SQL statements, upgrade.sh still tells me the scheme needs to be updated.
  • Trying to run the installer throws the error about header information.

Grr! :( Never ever really worth trying beta releases :( Wasted too much time on this already ...

Offline SabreWolfy

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 11:26:07 AM »
Restored 0.31 and database backup. At least that version works :(

Offline miniwark

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:09:27 AM »
see #1486654 (0.4 Beta upgrade DB check always reports inconsisten schema) ? Roundcube Webmail

apparently is just a database check problem, patching the install file work for me (and probably ignoring the alert too)

Offline SabreWolfy

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 05:39:50 PM »
Quote from: miniwark;27928
see #1486654 (0.4 Beta upgrade DB check always reports inconsisten schema) ? Roundcube Webmail

apparently is just a database check problem, patching the install file work for me (and probably ignoring the alert too)

Thanks for the update. I downloaded 0.4-beta again as it seemed that the patch was included in it (0.4-stable?), but it was not. I downloaded the patch file and figured out how to apply it and reran the "install.sh" and it no longer said the database schema was out of date.

I reloaded the webpage, entered username and password and ...

Login failed!

:(

Offline SabreWolfy

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 05:49:02 PM »
Turned on imap_debug and saw an error with authentication.

Changed "imap_auth_type" from "auth" (which worked in 0.3.1) to "check" and I can login!