Author Topic: Change Password Patch for cPanel installations - UPDATED to 0.1 STABLE!  (Read 62601 times)

Offline Heritz

CURRENTLY WORKING ON THE PATCH FOR cPanel X3 THEMES. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

First of all I would like to let you know that cPanel 10 is deprecated; so if you are still under cPanel 10, please ask your hosting provider for an update. Also, the latest cPanel 11 does not work well without the X3 theme. That's right, the X theme is no longer being supported by cPanel. Since some users have X3 and others are still under X, I am releasing a version for every theme. The X3 version of this patch is currently under development.

I am glad to announce the Change Password Patch for cPanel 11 Installations 0.1 STABLE. Since cPanel servers store the passwords under shadow files in a non-standard location, I decided to make this patch to use the cPanel integrated features along with Roundcube. This patch is based in the standard release of Roundcube, not CVS mods applied.

IMPORTANT: The following patch requires cURL to work properly, so make sure that your PHP installation is compiled with cURL before installing this patch.

Patch Website: http://lmbcyouth.us/guest/rcpasswd.php
(in the website you will be able to find the patches for cPanel 10 and 11, depending of your system)

Info about cURL in PHP: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/php/

Feel free to give me any comments or suggestions you may have.
CURRENTLY WORKING ON THE PATCH FOR cPanel X3 THEMES. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
Heritz

Offline AzBlk

Re: Change Password Patch for cPanel installations
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 12:15:06 AM »
Thanks Danny I downloaded and installed this patch and it did what it said it would do only very elegantly. The only thing is the session password being the old password so after you change your password if you try to go back to inbox, RC can not connect to the server because the new password is different from the session password

Offline Heritz

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 12:17:29 AM »
True, when the system try to connect to the IMAP server and the password has changed, it will log you out. I am working on it, so I can edit the SESSION var and store the new password on it.
Heritz

Offline Heritz

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 12:46:52 AM »
Quote from: AzBlk
Thanks Danny I downloaded and installed this patch and it did what it said it would do only very elegantly. The only thing is the session password being the old password so after you change your password if you try to go back to inbox, RC can not connect to the server because the new password is different from the session password
Fixed: From now the user will be still logged in after changing the password.
Heritz

Offline AzBlk

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 02:58:06 AM »
Yup Its working..Just like I said it would.. Thanks man for sharing this good work ;D :D

Offline awmartin

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 05:10:27 PM »
I downloaded the Patch for the password change and uploaded all of the files to my webserver, but whenever I try to change my Password it gives me an error. I was just wondering if you could point me in the right direction on what I am doing wrong here? I don't know for sure if my webserver host has cURL installed, but when I checked it out it said that it is built-in since PHP 4.0.2.

Thanks,
Alex

Offline Heritz

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 09:39:20 AM »
Hi,

Well, PHP has cURL built in since 4.0.2 but your hosting provider has to compile Apache-PHP with cURL. To check if you have cURL or not make a file with the following contents, upload it to your root directory and run it on the browser:

Code: [Select]
<?php
phpinfo
();
?>

In the "configure command" section you should have something like: '--with-curl'.
Look for that part and let me know. Regards,

Danny
Heritz

Offline igeoffi

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 12:23:24 AM »
thanks!
this worked better and was much easier to implement than other change password patches

Offline Heritz

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 08:59:28 PM »
Nice to hear that, enjoy it!
Heritz

Offline awmartin

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 12:21:26 AM »
Quote from: Heritz
Hi,

Well, PHP has cURL built in since 4.0.2 but your hosting provider has to compile Apache-PHP with cURL. To check if you have cURL or not make a file with the following contents, upload it to your root directory and run it on the browser:

Code: [Select]
<?php
phpinfo
();
?>

In the "configure command" section you should have something like: '--with-curl'.
Look for that part and let me know. Regards,

Danny

Danny,

Thanks for the reply by the way. I check out the PHPinfo and it looks like it does sya '--with-curl' here is what it says:

Configure Command     '../configure' '--with-pear' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--enable-debug=no' '--enable-safe-mode=no' '--enable-discard-path=no' '--with-gd=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr/lib' '--enable-track-vars' '--with-db' '--with-gdbm' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--with-ttf=/usr/' '--enable-ftp' '--with-mcrypt' '--enable-dbase' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-wddx' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/src/kundenserver/jpeg-6b' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-gd-imgstrttf' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-mhash' '--with-mhash=/usr/src/kundenserver/mhash-0.8.9/' '--with-openssl' '--enable-xslt' '--with-xslt-sablot' '--with-dom' '--with-dom-xslt' '--with-dom-exslt' '--with-imap' '--with-curl' '--with-iconv=/usr/local' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/include/freetype2' '--with-bz2' '--with-gettext' '--enable-exif' '--with-idn' '--enable-mbstring=all'

Thanks for all your help.

Offline Heritz

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 10:40:10 AM »
Quote from: awmartin
I downloaded the Patch for the password change and uploaded all of the files to my webserver, but whenever I try to change my Password it gives me an error. I was just wondering if you could point me in the right direction on what I am doing wrong here? I don't know for sure if my webserver host has cURL installed, but when I checked it out it said that it is built-in since PHP 4.0.2.

Thanks,
Alex
OK, it seems that you have cURL installed. Can you tell me what error are you getting? I'll be awaiting for your reply.
Heritz

Offline 123123

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 10:54:29 AM »
i have one problem with this patch. the admin (me) can change the password, but the user cannot. how to solve this problem? thanks in advance.

Offline Heritz

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 01:16:40 PM »
Hi, what do you mean with admin?. When you log into RoundCube you always log as an user, not an admin. Please post a more detailed explanation about your problem so I can take a better look at it. I'll be awaiting for your reply. Regards!
Heritz

Offline JBMedeiros

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 12:59:44 AM »
I receive this erron in my cpanel instalation.

When i click on any tab (My Email, Adress Book, Personal Settings) after i installed this plugin.

The erro is:

Not Found

The server was not able to find the document (/roundcube/) you requested
  Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report
  this error to your webhost.

Im search files for this problem but i wont get it.

Offline odo

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 11:22:48 AM »
Hi folks,

nothing my cpanel continue to tell me: NOT SAVED!
 :'(

so i dunno where is the problem!
anyone can tell me how i can test if my curl is ok?!

running on ubuntu,
PHP Version 4.4.2-1build1
libcurl/7.15.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8a zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.5.18

any help is appreciated!

Thx.