Author Topic: Change Password Patch for cPanel installations - UPDATED to 0.1 STABLE!  (Read 61037 times)

Offline llisa000

Re: Change Password Patch for cPanel installations - UPDATED to RC1!
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2007, 05:12:46 PM »
NICE, your quick! Thanks, I will try it right now....

Works perfect!!!!!! THANKS.... ::)

Offline FatJonny

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2007, 12:47:48 PM »
Thanks for the update! I uploaded all the files to my server, but when I click the 'change password' tab in settings, nothing happens.

test account:
http://mail.chromospec.com
user - testing
password - chromospec

any ideas?

edit: But if I manually edit the url to http://mail.chromospec.com/?_task=settings&_action=passwd, the correct screen does appear, but the save button is greyed out when I try and change the password.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2007, 06:06:07 PM »
It worked for me

Offline dewole

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2007, 07:19:39 PM »
Thanks for the work, Danny. I tried the patch for cPanel 10 but it's not working for me either as the Password link is not active (points to #). My version of cPanel is cPanel 10.9.0-R10737.

Offline FatJonny

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2007, 03:46:02 PM »
OK for some reason, all of a sudden the 'change password' tab has started working, even though I didn't change anything.... weird. :D

However, I've tried changing the password of my test account above to chromospec2 and it seems I can now log in with either password. :o

edit: OK I seem to remember that's a different issue. If my password is chromospec, if I type in any word beginning with chromospec, e.g. "chromospec1234567890", then the password is accepted. I changed the password to "testaccount" and that works. Now I can't log in with chromospec or chromospec2.

So mostly fixed, apart from the issue above. Anyone have a fix for this?

Offline Heritz

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2007, 09:08:42 AM »
Regarding to the no-respoding "Change Password" link... please try cleaning up your browser caché and cookies. Some people in my office had the same problem because of a caché issue on IE 6 and 7.

Quote from: FatJonny
OK for some reason, all of a sudden the 'change password' tab has started working, even though I didn't change anything.... weird. :D

However, I've tried changing the password of my test account above to chromospec2 and it seems I can now log in with either password. :o

edit: OK I seem to remember that's a different issue. If my password is chromospec, if I type in any word beginning with chromospec, e.g. "chromospec1234567890", then the password is accepted. I changed the password to "testaccount" and that works. Now I can't log in with chromospec or chromospec2.

So mostly fixed, apart from the issue above. Anyone have a fix for this?

Let me see if I get this right..., if you use a password similar to the previous password, then it works. If you use a totally different password, it doesn't. Am I correct? Please let me know so I can check it out.
Heritz

Offline FatJonny

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2007, 11:55:36 AM »
Well now it's not doing it :D

Must have been a cache thing, but it was definitely doing that yesterday :-\

Offline Heritz

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2007, 01:05:12 PM »
Well, since RC is an AJAX application and the crappy IE has cache problems, that issue is very common. Trust me, it happened a lot of times here at the office.
Heritz

Offline moubid

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2007, 03:34:26 PM »
Great work,
it works very fine, by the way, i've done french localization files
can be found > here <

Offline quochuyyb

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2007, 05:09:25 AM »
i cann't change my password but differrent users can. i only change my password on cpanel. please help me. errors:"error occurred while saving" :'( :'( :'(

Offline Heritz

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2007, 08:42:35 AM »
Quote from: quochuyyb
i cann't change my password but differrent users can. i only change my password on cpanel. please help me. errors:"error occurred while saving" :'( :'( :'(
Did you clean your chache and cookies? If others can but you, it means you are either having a problem client side (cookies, cache) or having a problem server side (broken account. If you clean your cookies and cache and the problem persists, then try deleting and creating again your account.

Hope it helps!
Heritz

Offline dano

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2007, 02:42:09 PM »
Hello Heritz :)

Thank you very much for your work on this, it is VERY helpful!

I unfortunately had a problem though. in passwd.inc you make a call for "":2095/webmail/x/mail/dopasswdpop.html"" and I kept receiving "An error occurred while saving". I'm using x3 and even though I could see the dopasswdpop.html in x and x3 mail locations once I changed it to x3 it started working. :)

Thanks again!

Offline anhvienls

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2007, 01:28:04 PM »
Thank dano, I user X3 skin.

Offline viper58

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2007, 12:55:33 AM »
anyway to get a password change for hsphere cpanels?

Offline mcconns

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2007, 01:19:39 AM »
Hello,

I am new to Roundcube, just installed 0.1-RC1 on bluehost server all works great. Thanks for a great webmail program!! But I would like to use the Change password patch. Here is my delima, I installed the patch for cPanel Change password 0.1-RC1 for cPanel 11. Everything works as usual, The Password tab is in place and all the data entry boxes appear allowing me to type old and new passwords. I then press "save" and I get the following message. An error occurred while saving! I followed the instructions to the letter, twice. I have verified PHP is compiled with cURL. My cPanel version is cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC1). Instead of deleting an email account and resubmitting, I created a new one. Same Problem. Whats next, please help.

Using Firefox 2.0 and have cleared private data (cookies, history, cache) many times.

Thanks
MAC