Author Topic: Change Password Patch for cPanel installations - UPDATED to 0.1 STABLE!  (Read 63183 times)

Offline dloendorf

Re: Change Password Patch for cPanel installations - UPDATED to RC1!
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2007, 08:39:39 AM »
A few things to check.

First - did you check your error_log file in the roundcube top level folder?

Second - I had to change line 43 in /program/steps/settings/passwd.inc to:
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $domain.":2095/webmail/x3/mail/dopasswdpop.html");

I beleieve the original version was using x instead of x3. I found this out by accessing the mail functions using the mail application provided by my host isp and looking at the url that application used.

Third - In tha same file line 55 can be uncommented to help with debugging. remove the first set of //'s from
//  echo "Result: " . $cbsreturn; // Returns all the html from cPanel, uncomment to view (debugging)

Hope this helps - David

Offline mcconns

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2007, 10:43:05 AM »
David,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I did ck the error file located in the logs section. Nothing there. I tried your suggestion for line 43 and line 55. Here is the response;

Not Found

The server was not able to find the document (./webmail/x3/mail/dopasswdpop.html) you requested. Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this error to your webhost.

webmaild/11.2.2 Server at mydomain.com

So I changed line 43 back to it's original setting leaving 55 alone. Here is the response;

Not Found

The server was not able to find the document (./webmail/x/mail/dopasswdpop.html) you requested.
Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this error to your webhost.

webmaild/11.2.2 Server at mydomain.com

Thanks
MAC

Offline mcconns

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2007, 02:28:23 PM »
Here is what I did to solve the problem.

I changed line 43 in /program/steps/settings/passwd.inc from:
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $domain.":2095/webmail/x/mail/dopasswdpop.html");

To:
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $domain.":2095/webmail/bluehost/mail/dopasswdpop.html");

David thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!

Thanks
MAC

Offline donbzm

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2007, 09:24:05 AM »
Hi, I use cpanel 11 and roundmail rc1. Done this:
"change line 43 in /program/steps/settings/passwd.inc to:
  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $domain.":2095/webmail/x3/mail/dopasswdpop.html");"

When I try to change my password, I got it changed, but I have the error message telling it wasn't succefully ... And my quota (of the email I've changed the password) is set to "none".

Offline donbzm

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2007, 09:48:50 AM »
Solved de error message problem! The language was the problem, I was using the cpanel in portuguese so I had to change the line 57 from:
if ((strpos($cbsreturn, "successfully modified")) and (!strpos($cbsreturn, "result in failure"))) {
to
if ((strpos($cbsreturn, "modificado con sucesso")) and (!strpos($cbsreturn, "result in failure"))) {

The "result in failure" is the same, using it in any language.

But couldn't deal with the change quota. Now It works perfectly to change the password, but when I do it, the quota for the account is set to "none".

Thanks again.

Offline largan

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2007, 05:35:37 PM »
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have the latest version with this hack applied? I see that the latest version (bundled with this hack) is RC1

I would appreciate if someone give me a location where I can download the the RC2 with password change included.

Thank you a lot.

Offline cferd

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2007, 09:25:43 AM »
That topic was moved to the resolved section of "bugs and Issues", which is a mistake in my opinion.

That topic is ongoing and NOT related to any bugs or issues associated with Roundcube itself.

Offline sauronreaver

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2007, 12:27:32 AM »
The RC2 CPanel 11 patch MrM created works :D, except for one little problem, :o
it sets the quota of the mailbox to 'unlimited' when you change your password.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

Offline Nimrod

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2007, 09:12:44 AM »
Quote from: MrM
I have created a patch for RC2 based on the cPanel 11 version here. I have also added a Slovenian translation.

Copy the attached file to the root folder of the application and run these two commands:
Code: [Select]
gunzip passwd-rc2-cp11.patch.gz
patch -p0 -i passwd-rc2-cp11.patch

P.S.: I would also like to post this in the thread Cpanel Password Change For RC2, but it appears to be closed. Could one of the moderators please copy it there?

Works perfectly except for one bug, where it wont work for 'addon' domains.
Like for me, the script is running at digiex.net and most emails are at @digiex.net but we have a couple of 'addon' domains which also have emails
When an addon domain user is logged in, for example "test 'at' nimrod-online.com" when they try to change there password, the script just hangs :\

Im guessing because the script isnt using there email domain correctly when it changes there password and is instead just using the default (digiex.net) in my case?

Cheers for the patch though, works wonders besides that problem :)

//Reload - Global Moderator//
Please use this topic for the MrM version
http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2740.0

Offline MrM

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2007, 04:26:00 AM »
@Nimrod & sauronreaver:
Both these problems seem to be related to the original plugin, therefore they should be addressed at the author of that. As I mentioned in my first post, I have only merged their code with RC2; I have in no way modified or even studied the original code.

On our server it seems to work fine, although we don't offer addon domains, so I don't know about that.

Try contacting the author of the original code, and maybe they can create a patch to fix this.

Offline jeremyr

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2007, 11:40:04 AM »
Quote from: MrM
I have created a patch for RC2 based on the cPanel 11 version here. I have also added a Slovenian translation.

Copy the attached file to the root folder of the application and run these two commands:
gunzip passwd-rc2-cp11.patch.gz
patch -p0 -i passwd-rc2-cp11.patch

P.S.: I would also like to post this in the thread Cpanel Password Change For RC2, but it appears to be closed. Could one of the moderators please copy it there?

I don't have access to run those commands. Can you provide a patch that I can do manually?

Offline xbase

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2007, 08:47:50 AM »
Sorry to probably bump an old thread, but thanks for the mod. Works perfectly. I did notice that to use the mod with the most recent release of RoundCube i had to comment out line 84 in index.php because i do not have a cache.inc

79 // include base files
80 require_once('include/rcube_shared.inc');
81 require_once('include/rcube_imap.inc');
82 require_once('include/bugs.inc');
83 require_once('include/main.inc');
84 // require_once('include/cache.inc');
85 require_once('PEAR.php');

Thanks for the mod though
Thank you,

Jonathan

Offline MrM

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2008, 04:52:59 AM »
Quote from: jeremyr
I don't have access to run those commands. Can you provide a patch that I can do manually?

You can checkout RC2 from the repository (https://svn.roundcube.net/tags/roundcubemail/v0.1-rc2/) and patch it locally. If you have a Windows system, you can use TortoiseSVN to do it (Patching using TortoiseSVN).

Offline jasonar

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2008, 11:10:13 AM »
Hi, I'm very much interested in this plugin the only problem is that I'm in shared hosting so I can't run cammands and when I ask my hosting support to do it they say that they can't because "It updates cPanel files and that would effect all of our users" so I just want to know if this is for Roundcube or for cPanel and if it't not for cpanel the can I get a like txt file that runs me though patching myself. And I'm also on a mac computer.

Offline MrM

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2008, 04:50:18 AM »
Quote from: jasonar
Hi, I'm very much interested in this plugin the only problem is that I'm in shared hosting so I can't run cammands and when I ask my hosting support to do it they say that they can't because "It updates cPanel files and that would effect all of our users" so I just want to know if this is for Roundcube or for cPanel and if it't not for cpanel the can I get a like txt file that runs me though patching myself. And I'm also on a mac computer.
Hi, jasonar,

This patch doesn't affect cPanel in any way, it only changes some files of RoundCube.

As for the patching on Mac, it's probably best if you download the Mac edition of Subversion, or alternatively you can google for another client. In case you decide to download Subversion, the patching should be done as described above. On the other hand, if you go for another client, you'll have to consult the manual for the client in question.