Author Topic: Change Password Patch for cPanel installations - UPDATED to 0.1 STABLE!  (Read 63204 times)

Offline jasonar

Re: Change Password Patch for cPanel installations - UPDATED to RC1!
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2008, 11:53:36 AM »
Hi, I finally got my hosting to run it yesterday, I guess they thought that I was trying to patch the "cPanel Webmail" so I tlaked to them and they finally said well I guess it wouldn't hurt so they ran it, then they got this error back:

mysite@mysite.com [~/public_html/members]# patch -p0 -i passwd-rc2-cp11.patch
patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input.
mysite@mysite.com [~/public_html/members]#

Which I guess means that it's not suitable for the application I'm trying to run it on (Roundcube) so I'm kinda lost right now. I'm running RC2. I'll try to patch it myself but , I'm just kinda confused...

Offline jasonar

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2008, 12:59:34 AM »
uhgggggg, this is getting really frustrating. I'm new to this stuff your not giving me any details on anything. You just tell me to do a bunch of stuff that I don't even understand, I downloaded the stupid subversion mac edition and it makes no sense. how do I use it??? How do I patch??? can't you just put together a little list of what I need to change, I can't you a patch file I have no idea how to manaully patch because your file is encrypted some how, and I don't understand. I'm really pissed off right now. I just want a password change feature but everything on here is complicated. EVERYTHING! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline imathew

Force user to change password on first login?
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2008, 10:37:57 AM »
Great plugin! One of the few additional functionalities I was lookig for. I would love to have the feature to force the user to change password on first login using roundcube. Also, forcing password change periodically (every 60 days, every 90 days, etc) would be a great feature.

Is there a pluging modification available for this or can one of the experienced people can provide one?

Thank you in advance!

imathew

Offline jasonar

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2008, 10:58:10 PM »
I'm also still waiting for something other than a patch file to use since I'm having trouble with it. I would be nice if someone could just create a txt install file which explains how to install this. It would be nice....

Offline atslash

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2008, 11:36:26 AM »
Having some issues with the password changer. my setup ....

Hosting package siteground
Server Name serv01
cPanel Version 11.18.0-RELEASE
cPanel Build 20595
Theme sg
Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)
PHP version 5.0.5
MySQL version 5.0.45-community-log
Architecture i686
Operating system Linux
Shared Ip Address 75.125.60.6
Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl
Kernel version 2.6.23.13-grsec-sg1
cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC1)

phpinfo.php returns

Configure Command './configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/php5' '--with-pear=/usr/local/php5/pear' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/php5/lib' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/php5/etc' '--disable-ipv6' '--enable-bcmath=shared' '--enable-calendar=shared' '--enable-exif=shared' '--enable-ftp=shared' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-xslt=shared' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--enable-discard-path' '--enable-sockets=shared' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-versioning' '--enable-wddx=shared' '--enable-pcntl=shared' '--enable-soap=shared' '--with-bz2=shared' '--with-xml=shared' '--with-xsl=shared' '--with-dom=shared' '--with-dom-xslt=shared' '--with-dom-exslt=shared' '--with-xslt-sablot=shared' '--with-xslt-sablot=shared' '--with-curl' '--with-curlwrappers' '--with-swf=shared,/usr/local/flash' '--with-gd=shared' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-gettext=shared' '--with-imap=shared,/usr/local/imap-2004g' '--with-mcrypt=shared' '--with-mhash=shared' '--with-mysqli' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-pgsql=/usr' '--with-pspell=shared' '--with-xmlrpc=shared' '--with-snmp=shared' '--with-openssl=shared' '--with-pdflib=shared' '--with-ttf=shared' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-zip=shared' '--with-zlib'

shows...

CURL support enabled
CURL Information libcurl/7.12.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.5.6
Roundcube version is rc2...

ok time to install

i downloaded roundcubemail-0.1-rc1_patch_cPanel11

because there isnt a patch that i seen for rc2

Piecing together some of the information found on this forum I did the following

after extracting roundcubemail-0.1-rc1_patch_cPanel11.zip

i edit the index.php file -- searched for require_once('include/cache.inc');

commented it out like this //require_once('include/cache.inc');

saved and uploaded and replace the following

index.php        to /index.php
settingstabs.html   to /skin/default/includes/
apps.js          to /program/js/
en_US/labels.inc    to /program/localization/en_US/
en_US/mesages.inc  to /program/localization/en_US/
es/labes.inc       to /program/localization/es/
es/messages.inc    to /program/localization/es/
func.inc         to /program/steps/settings/

added the following

passwd.html to /skins/default/templates
passwd.inc to /program/steps/settings/

ok all files copied over to website now ...

now when i try to log in with any of my email users names or passwords it gives me an "login failed"

p.s. i had to comment out cache.inc because that file doesnt exist

I know that i am using rc2 and this is a plugin for rc1 but any help modifying this would be cool

Offline atslash

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2008, 12:07:10 PM »
Second attempt...

installed RC, everything works, send / recieve

copied password change script used above over files

go to log in

gives

Warning: main(include/cache.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shadowco/public_html/tester/index.php on line 84

commented out line 84 because the file doesnt exist

that fixed or atleast got rid of that error

now im at the log in page

try to log in and says "login failed"

Offline atslash

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2008, 12:13:31 PM »
created file cache.inc just so i could have something there and re enable that file

still wont let me log in

Offline Heritz

« Reply #67 on: February 29, 2008, 11:25:31 AM »
I am sorry for not being able to release the RC2 version of this patch. Actually I am not an user of RoundCube, I just made the patch for fun, and I wasn't aware of a new version of this system.

Just today I found out that RC team release the RC2 of this mail client. I will start working on it so people can have it working as soon as possible. It would be cool if the users can email me when a new version comes out so I can release patches for those versions.

Thanks for your patience.
Heritz

Offline dukhunter99

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2008, 11:14:09 AM »
Quote from: Heritz
I am sorry for not being able to release the RC2 version of this patch. Actually I am not an user of RoundCube, I just made the patch for fun, and I wasn't aware of a new version of this system.

Just today I found out that RC team release the RC2 of this mail client. I will start working on it so people can have it working as soon as possible. It would be cool if the users can email me when a new version comes out so I can release patches for those versions.

Thanks for your patience.

Thats Fantastic Heritz! I've been waiting for this! Thanks for your time and effort

Offline blair.sawler

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2008, 11:00:28 AM »
Thanks for this, I ran the patch and got multiple errors. Am wondering if you can post the files separately, on your website, like before? (http://www.ingeniarte.com/rcpasswd.php), then I can review what changes I need to manually make.

Thanks

-Blair

Offline Heritz

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2008, 12:00:20 PM »
As you probably know, my updates and patches will be released in the main post of this thread and also in my website.

Anything different from that does not come from me and I cannot help you if any errors ocurr.
Heritz

Reload

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2008, 01:22:08 PM »
Problems with the MrM RC2 update should be discussed within his own thread.

http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2740.0

Offline Heritz

Re: Change Password Patch for cPanel installations - UPDATED to 0.1 STABLE!
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2008, 03:03:01 PM »
Released the updated version of this patch for 0.1 STABLE and 0.1 RC2. Check out the main post for further information and download locations.

Feel free to reply this post if you have any problem or suggestion. The current version of this patch for cPanel 11 under X3 is currently under development. I will post again in this thread when the X3 version is finished.

Enjoy!
Heritz

Offline blair.sawler

« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2008, 08:02:03 PM »
Thanks, worked great!

Offline brian

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2008, 01:11:06 AM »
Heritz, Thanks so much for your patch. I've been using it a long time. It recently stopped working. I revisited this thread and found that you had released an update for cPanel 11. Fantastic! I was upset when it didn't work on my system. Sure enough, I had the X3 config. Maybe there are other configuration issues you are working on, but I must tell you that the fix for me was so simple... I'm surprised no one has at least mentioned it for those to try.

In the following directory: /programs/steps/settings/
The following file (included in the package): passwd.inc

Line 43:
Code: [Select]
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $domain.":2095/webmail/x/mail/dopasswdpop.html");
Replace the x with x3:
Code: [Select]
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $domain.":2095/webmail/x3/mail/dopasswdpop.html");
I expect that you could go to your domain at port 2095 (eg. http://www.mydomain.com:2095). Logon with your mail credentials (remember to use your full email address), and click the Change Password link. Look at the URL. The path needs to match. The end filename will say passwdpop.html, but that's because the dopasswdpop.html is the page that processes the password change.

Then I started looking a bit more into things. Turns out the cPanel 11 has a password strength indicator. I thought that might be nice, so I included their password strength indicator.

I only updated two files from the original cPanel patch (neither are original RoundCube files) to accomplish this. I have zipped them in the folder hierarchy. These files will require cPanel 11 with X3 mail (though I'm sure you could modify it to work on other configs). They also require RoundCube 0.1 stable, and the corresponding package from Heritz's site (1st post).

Heritz, feel free to do what you want with my modifications.

Enjoy,
Brian
Information Integrated
http://www.infointegrated.com