Author Topic: Using Roundcube to access Yahoo IMAP  (Read 5996 times)

Offline DB Popcorn

Using Roundcube to access Yahoo IMAP
« on: May 04, 2010, 12:45:29 PM »
I want to use Roundcube to access Yahoo via IMAP (Yahoo! Mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). To test this, I added the following line:

Code: [Select]
$this->putLine('a001 ID ("GUID" "1")');

immediately before the following line:

$this->putLine('a002 LOGIN "'.$this->escape($user).'" "'.$this->escape($password).'"');

in program/include/rcube_imap_generic.php. This DOES get me logging into Yahoo and listing my folders and headers, as well as being able to SEND emails, BUT I cannot actually READ any emails. When I click on an email, the progress icon spins and spins and the script eventually times out after 90 seconds or so. I can't see what the problem is from looking at the imap log file. Any help on this would be swell!

Thanks,
Dave.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 03:39:19 PM »
:o WOW I didn't know Yahoo that is allowing that! I looked into the problem and its a simple fix, in your /config/main.inc.php change
$rcmail_config['enable_caching'] to true, that make the messages viewable. This would be a nice plugin!

Offline futurecis

• http://www.futurecis.com
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 08:44:38 PM »
Quote from: skaero;27243
:o WOW I didn't know Yahoo that is allowing that! I looked into the problem and its a simple fix, in your /config/main.inc.php change
$rcmail_config['enable_caching'] to true, that make the messages viewable. This would be a nice plugin!

I second that. This would be a great plugin!

Offline DB Popcorn

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 10:08:24 PM »
Quote from: skaero;27243

Awesome, thanks! Now if someone can tell me why I have two inboxes showing up, that would be even awesomer!! I have the usual inbox with the 'special' icon, then a second duplicate one with the normal folder icon at the bottom of the folder list. What's the deal?

Offline DB Popcorn

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 10:18:57 PM »
BTW, I changed the code in rcube_imap_generic.php to:

if (!strpos($user,'@yahoo')===FALSE) {
$this->putLine('a001 ID ("GUID" "1")');
        $this->putLine('a002 LOGIN "'.$this->escape($user).'" "'.$this->escape($password).'"');
} else {
$this->putLine('a001 LOGIN "'.$this->escape($user).'" "'.$this->escape($password).'"');
}

This allows me to leave it in and use this install for both Yahoo! accounts and accounts on my domain. Sure there's a cleaner way to do it, but hey, it works!

Offline DB Popcorn

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 01:03:19 PM »
Dirty, dirty, dirty fix for getting rid of the second Inbox was to change rcube_imap.php at line 3534 from:

else
    $folders[$folder] = rcube_charset_convert($folder, 'UTF7-IMAP');

to

else
    if (strtoupper($folder)!='INBOX') {
            $folders[$folder] = rcube_charset_convert($folder, 'UTF7-IMAP');
    }

I'm guessing (because this was really just a shot in the dark) that it is just having the folder 'Inbox' skipped over as being added to the list of non-default folders. Imagine this could be changed into a user-specific config option where one could supply a list of folders to ignore. This might make using Gmail through RC better when one hates all the extra folders Gmail makes you have.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 01:15:53 PM »
I was messing with and got it to remove the other index folder but the inbox icon wasn't showing up. However your fix is less code so it would be easier to implement. Another dead simple way to get it to stop showing is to go into Settings->Folders and un-check subscribe next to the duplicate index folder, but it has to be done by ever user.

Offline DB Popcorn

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 02:04:15 PM »
Quote from: skaero;27271
I was messing with and got it to remove the other index folder but the inbox icon wasn't showing up. However your fix is less code so it would be easier to implement. Another dead simple way to get it to stop showing is to go into Settings->Folders and un-check subscribe next to the duplicate index folder, but it has to be done by ever user.

Hmm. I couldn't get the unsubscribing the folder method to work.