Third Party Contributions > API Based Plugins

Password plugin

(1/3) > >>

link7722:
I need some help using the password plugin.My users are stored in local accounts (/etc/passwd) in the same machine as Roundcube.I am wondering if with the chpasswd driver of the plugin is possible to allow my users to change their passwords.I am using OpenSuse 11.1.
Thank you

whardy128:
I have the same setup (local accounts, same machine as roundcube).  I have enabled the chpasswd driver, but when I try and change a password it says, "Could Not Save New Password."

Any help would be appreciated.

whardy128:
Update:  I have the chpasswd driver working with 0.4-beta on Fedora 11 with Apache.  My users are local users.

Here's how I got it to work:

1: enable the "password" plugin that comes with roundcube.
2: set it to use the chpasswd driver
3: type visudo
4: Add the following lines in this order(replace "apache" with the account that your apache install runs under and make sure you have the correct path to the chpasswd program):

Defaults:apache !requiretty
    apache   ALL=NOPASSWD:   /usr/sbin/chpasswd

edwardally:

--- Quote from: whardy128;27600 ---Update:  I have the chpasswd driver working with 0.4-beta on Fedora 11 with Apache.  My users are local users.

Here's how I got it to work:

1: enable the "password" plugin that comes with roundcube.
2: set it to use the chpasswd driver
3: type visudo
4: Add the following lines in this order(replace "apache" with the account that your apache install runs under and make sure you have the correct path to the chpasswd program):

Defaults:apache !requiretty
    apache   ALL=NOPASSWD:   /usr/sbin/chpasswd
--- End quote ---

I also having the same problem and I follow what your suggested but no luck at all.
I'm using Redhat Linux Fedora 8

freebird:
This plugin allows the user to change their password from the comfort of their webmail interface when it's stored in a SQL database

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version