Author Topic: Trouble with password plugin  (Read 7428 times)

Offline RRRRob

Trouble with password plugin
« on: May 20, 2010, 12:00:31 AM »
Hello,

I've searched the forum, looked threw the wiki, and have read what little documentation I have. I'm also very new to RoundCube.

I have installed the latest stable version of RoundCube 0.3.1 and it is working.  Users can log in and send and receive messages. Now I'm trying to get the password plugin to work.

I have edited main.inc.php
// List of active plugins (in plugins/ directory)
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('password');

I've duplicated and renamed config.inc.php.dist to config.inc.php in the password folder within the plugins folder.

With only these changes made should I expect to see a tab in the user settings view?  I'm not even to the point of worrying about not making a connection to the db because I can't even see the tab.

I had made changes to the config.inc.php file pertaining to
// SQL Driver options
// ------------------
// PEAR database DSN for performing the query. By default
// Roundcube DB settings are used.
$rcmail_config['password_db_dsn'] = '';

but after further reading I had realized I was editing the wrong area.  The new host uses cPanel and thus my understanding is I need to make my changes to
// cPanel Driver options
// --------------------------
// The cPanel Host name
$rcmail_config['password_cpanel_host'] = 'host.domain.com';

// The cPanel admin username
$rcmail_config['password_cpanel_username'] = 'username';

// The cPanel admin password
$rcmail_config['password_cpanel_password'] = 'password';

// The cPanel port to use
$rcmail_config['password_cpanel_port'] = 2082;

// Using ssl for cPanel connections?
$rcmail_config['password_cpanel_ssl'] = true;

// The cPanel theme in use
$rcmail_config['password_cpanel_theme'] = 'x';

Shouldn't I be seeing the tab even without making these db connection settings?  I feel like I've missed something but I can't seem to see what.

Thanks for the help
Rob

Online SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 12:14:08 AM »
If your host use CPanel you will need to use the cpanel section of the driver file. Make sure that you have also set the $rcmail_config['password_driver'] in the password plugin config. If you still can't see the password tab make sure that your using the default theme and clear you cache. If its still not working post what is in you error log.

Offline RRRRob

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 12:35:06 AM »
skaero,

Thank you for the reply,  I had not changed the $rcmail_config['password_driver'] to reflect cpanel it was still set to sql.

I have also now completed the
// cPanel Driver options

all of these settings within the config.inc.php file.

I'm assuming that the default theme you are referring to is the RoundCube theme and as far as I know I am.  This is a clean fresh install with no special settings that I'm aware of.  If you are referring to the cpanel theme I believe it to be x3.

With that being said I still don't see a tab for password.  I'm logging in selecting settings in the upper right corner and the tabs I see are "Preferences", "Folders", and "Identities".  From the screen shots I've seen on line I'm assuming there should be a tab along side of those that says "Password", is that correct?

Thanks again for the help
Rob

Online SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 12:38:37 AM »
Quote from: RRRRob;27532

With that being said I still don't see a tab for password.  I'm logging in selecting settings in the upper right corner and the tabs I see are "Preferences", "Folders", and "Identities".  From the screen shots I've seen on line I'm assuming there should be a tab along side of those that says "Password", is that correct?

That's right, did you clear your browser cache? Is there anything in your error log?

Offline RRRRob

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 12:54:03 AM »
Yes....  I went to a separate comp that had never logged in yet, cleared the cache, and logged in, no tab.

So I went to the RC folder > logs folder and the only files there were the htaccess file and the sendmail log, nothing else.

If there had been an error wouldn't there be an error log?

Thanks again
Rob

Online SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 01:25:23 AM »
Ok download the file I have attached to this post (rcplugintest.php.txt) rename it to rcplugintest.php and upload it to your RoundCube root directory (the folder with RoundCube's index.php). Then go to it http:///rcplugintest.php and post what it outputs.

Offline RRRRob

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 01:26:47 AM »
I've noticed 2 other things that my or may not have bearing.

First, in the config.inc.php file the following number
// The cPanel port to use
$rcmail_config['password_cpanel_port'] = 2082;

when I log into the cpanel this is not the same number that is in the URL.  The URL uses a slightly different number.  Should I be using 2082 as is default in the file or should I be using the number that the host is appending to the URL?

Second,  yesterday I notice that I had some trouble with a password that used punctuation characters in it.  The install script was converting them to code.  This caused problems until I changed the PW to not include this sort of character.  Now the PW for cpanel has these types of characters in it.  Is it possible that this is having an adverse effect?

Thanks again for the help
Rob

Offline RRRRob

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 01:35:11 AM »
Interesting....

The requested URL /404.shtml was not found on this server.

It isn't seeing plugins is it.

Thanks again
Rob
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 09:52:00 AM by RRRRob »

Online SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 01:55:50 AM »
I've noticed 2 other things that my or may not have bearing.

The password tab should appear even if you don't have the password plugin configured at all so its not the mail problem right now.
when I log into the cpanel this is not the same number that is in the URL. The URL uses a slightly different number. Should I be using 2082 as is default in the file or should I be using the number that the host is appending to the URL?

You should use the number that is in the url, out of curiosity what is the port and what host do you use?

Second, yesterday I notice that I had some trouble with a password that used punctuation characters in it. The install script was converting them to code. This caused problems until I changed the PW to not include this sort of character. Now the PW for cpanel has these types of characters in it. Is it possible that this is having an adverse effect?

Interesting, witch part of the install did this happen?

The requested URL /404.shtml was not found on this server.

That should mean that it can't find the file rcplugintest.php did you rename it? double check that it is in the right directory.

Offline RRRRob

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 02:40:43 AM »
Host is A2 Hosting and the port is 2083

Yesterday it was with the beta build, I erased it, wiped out the db and started from scratch this afternoon with the stable build 0.3.1.

Install PW issue yesterday was the "$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] =" in the db.inc.php file the PW portion of which showed up scrambled.  I'm tired so the term for what it was doing is escaping me but I recognized it none the less.  It was as follows

mysql://bdusername:dbpw@localhost/dbname;

now in the dbpw there were % and ! characters that had been replaced by the installer with there equivalent xxxx character set.  instead of the PW being bo!%b it was bonnnnxxxxb where nnnn=! and xxxx=%.  sorry the term for it is escaping me. Same code I use for characters when writing web pages and I want to be sure that the proper symbol appears on all machines.  I fought it for a while and then gave up, found it easier to simplify the PW.  Then when I continued to have issues with the PW plugin I decided to go to the 0.3.1 version.

Who's install wasn't exactly smooth either.  I could not get the installer to output anything but SMTP port 25, No matter what number I put in the field,  so I manually changed that in the config.inc.php file as well.

Ok...  Now that the test file took
Array
(

• => password

)

Is what I got

Thanks
Rob

Online SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 03:46:50 AM »
Quote from: RRRRob;27545
Install PW issue yesterday was the "$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = in the db.inc.php file the PW portion of which showed up scrambled.  I'm tired so the term for what it was doing is escaping me but I recognized it none the less.  It was as follows

mysql://bdusername:dbpw@localhost/dbname;

now in the dbpw there were % and ! characters that had been replaced by the installer with there equivalent xxxx character set.  instead of the PW being bo!%b it was bonnnnxxxxb where nnnn=! and xxxx=%.  sorry the term for it is escaping me. Same code I use for characters when writing web pages and I want to be sure that the proper symbol appears on all machines.  I fought it for a while and then gave up, found it easier to simplify the PW.

I couldn't duplicate it, it must be something in the way they there server configured.

[QUOTE="RRRRob;27545]
Ok...  Now that the test file took
Array
(

• => password

)
[/QUOTE]
Hmm, well it should be reading the password file witch should be showing the password tab. Can you give me a test email account on your server so I can take a look at it?

Offline RRRRob

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 10:08:40 AM »
Sure,  have one set up,  tried to IM it to you but I got a could not deliver notice.  Didn't see an eMail address in personal info to use.  Don't think I want to post it in the open.  How would you like me to send it to you?

I thought I would go back to the PW issue in the beta once I had the stable version up and running they way they want it.  Figured I'd have more time with less stress that way.

Thanks again
Rob

Online SKaero

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 10:46:25 AM »
You can email me at scott [at] skaero.com

Offline RRRRob

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 12:20:46 PM »
Ok...  sent, let me know if you don't recieve it

Thanks Again
Rob

Offline RRRRob

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 02:16:42 PM »
I'm beginning to think it is totally an issue with showing of the tabs.  I have added other plugins successfully but when I tried to add the "userinfo" plugin it's tab failed to show up as well.  Thus I'm beginning to think it is directly related to the function of showing a tab.

Are there settings for this feature that I missed or may have inadvertently changed?

Thanks for the help
Rob