Author Topic: "Ghost folder" / Subfolders?  (Read 7304 times)

Offline ontnugtering

"Ghost folder" / Subfolders?
« on: May 20, 2010, 02:00:02 AM »
Hi,

a)
rc shows a folder and a subfolder in the folders pane, which I'm pretty sure does not exist any more. E.g., the folder management in the options does not list that folders at all.

What can I do? Mulberry Mailclient also didn't list the folder. Caching is off...

What can I do?

b) rc can handle subfolders, but is there a way to create them?

Thanks!

Michael

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 02:06:53 AM »
Try clearing your browser cache and login back into RoundCube. To create a sub folder in RoundCube in the create folder field type
Code: [Select]
<parent folder>/<new sub folder>
i.e. Saved/Mail
Saved would be the parent folder Mail would be the sub folder

Offline ontnugtering

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 02:17:59 AM »
a) No it's not that simple, of course I deleted the browser cache... Now here I'm at another location (@work) and see that folder as well...

b) subfolders: already tried \ and / as folder delimiters. With the backslash, rc simply treats it as a normal character. The unix slash / -> I get a javascript message "not allowed character".
I was thinking it maybe is a question of what the delimiter is on imap server side (I'm no imap expert). Hoster is ALL-INKL

Thanks for your input
Michael
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 02:34:41 AM by ontnugtering »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 03:24:33 AM »
for a) sounds like may be you have deleted a folder with out unsubscribing from it. what version of RC are you using, i'm not 100% sure but i think a check for this might have been added in 0.4b - i haven't tried it though. if you have access to the server then the simplest solution might be to login and manually remove the ghost folders from your subscription

for b) goto the folder management screen in the preferences, select the parent folder and then you should see a message under the new folder box that says something like "create a sub folder of the currently selected folder"
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline ontnugtering

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 03:31:59 AM »
I'm using 0.4b

a) The problem is, the "ghost folder" is not listed in the folder management!
b) Oh, I was blind. But an error occurs (in red, on top): "Error when trying to save...". Hmmm.

Offline ontnugtering

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 06:28:48 AM »
re: b) [subfolders]

OK, what I found out is this:
- all-inkl allows creation of imap folders which: EITHER hold "mails only" OR "subfolders only". If a folder is "subfolder only", rc cannot copy messages there.
- RC created folders can not hold subfolders, all-inkl does not allow this on rc created folders.

But if I manage my IMAP folders from outside of rc, in rc I often see folders which do not exist. Their number is increasing.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 06:54:10 AM by ontnugtering »

Offline ontnugtering

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 07:46:10 AM »
When I'm at home I'll search the whole file system and mysql database for the "ghost folders"...

Offline ontnugtering

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 10:26:51 AM »
Solved the "ghost folders" part.
Don't know who left it, but the entries were left in a file .\mail\.subscriptions (on the imap server).

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 10:44:38 AM »
Quote from: ontnugtering;27549
b) Oh, I was blind. But an error occurs (in red, on top): "Error when trying to save...". Hmmm.

Sorry I gave you the directions for an ancient version of RoundCube, its been that long since I created sub-folders. Whats in your error log?

Offline ontnugtering

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 12:34:43 PM »
Quote from: skaero;27564
Sorry I gave you the directions for an ancient version of RoundCube, its been that long since I created sub-folders. Whats in your error log?

Don't know if it is related.
[18-May-2010 16:12:47] PHP Warning:  Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /www/htdocs/minnitde/roundcube/program/steps/mail/func.inc on line 541

Code: [Select]
541: $_SESSION['unseen_count'][$mbox_name] = $unseen;

Offline acacord

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 05:56:58 PM »
So, am I reading this right, there isn't a way to great folders to contain other folders inside RC?  If not, is there a plugin?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 05:21:12 AM »
thanks for the error message, a quick search in the bug tracker and you have a possible soluition... #1487066 (Cannot use a scalar value) ? Roundcube Webmail (the possible solution is actually in #1487080 (Still displaying new message count in folder panel when unread message is moved.) ? Roundcube Webmail but it thought it was better to link to the original bug). You need to change your php settings back to standard.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…