Author Topic: Some email header questions (RC creates empty headers)  (Read 3424 times)

Offline ontnugtering

Some email header questions (RC creates empty headers)
« on: October 22, 2010, 03:08:32 AM »
Hello,

maybe it's a question of configuration.

a) Roundcube 0.4, which is on my hosters webspace and receives IMAP mail from the localhost, generates message-id's in the form "unique@localhost". Can I configure RC to use the domain name as the domain part of the message-id?

b) RC creates empty headers here:
0: User-Agent
1: X-PGP
2: User-Agent
3: X-PGP

What's the source of this? I want to remove them...

TIA --- Michael

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 05:16:58 AM »
[qoute]a) Roundcube 0.4, which is on my hosters webspace and receives IMAP mail from the localhost, generates message-id's in the form "unique@localhost". Can I configure RC to use the domain name as the domain part of the message-id?[/quote]

You cant configure it but the message-ids have been altered in i think 0.4.1 or 0.4.2 so they use the domain rather than localhost

b) RC creates empty headers

The User-Agent one should not be empty, may be you are missing an entry in your config file? it is added in program/steps/mail/func.inc and/or program/steps/mail/sendmail.inc. The X-PGP one is not added by the RC core, do you have any plugins enabled?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline ontnugtering

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 01:37:02 AM »
In the config file, I've set "Additional message headers" with just the header name, but no value. Misunderstanding on my side. So b) is solved :)

Offline ontnugtering

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 02:35:57 AM »
Solved part a) as well by changing sendmail.inc line 212 directly. I know it's dirty, but however...