Author Topic: Trouble with virtuser plugins  (Read 6904 times)

Offline matrixn

Trouble with virtuser plugins
« on: May 23, 2010, 08:20:26 AM »
Hello ppls.

I have 2 versions of roundcube installed the 0.31 wich works fine with the setting $rcmail_config['virtuserfile'] = '/etc/postfix/virtusertable' and the second testing installation with 0.4 where i have noticed that virtuser is now splitted into a 2 plugins (virtuser_file and virtuser_query).
My question is.. why doesn`t work in 0.4 when i enable the virtuser_* plugins and write in the main.inc.php $rcmail_config['virtuserfile'] = '/etc/postfix/virtusertable'.

I always get on 0.4 this error when i`m trying to login with user@domain:

IMAP connect:  NOT OK(Authentication for radu@domain.com failed (LOGIN): a001 NO Login failed.)

and this when i`m trying to login with a system user (web#_radu):

IMAP connect:  OK(SORT capability: yes)

Offline matrixn

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 05:09:40 PM »
nobody has a ideea?

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 06:07:05 PM »
Wrong way to configure it.

Enable virtuser_file in the plugins array in main.inc.php:

Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('virtuser_file');
Then specify the file in [rc-root]/plugins/virtuser_file/virtuser_file.php:

Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['virtuser_file'] = '/etc/postfix/virtusertable';
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline matrixn

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 09:26:43 AM »
thanks, now it works. have a nice day :)

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 11:19:09 AM »
OK, now it's my turn. The virtuser_file plugin had been working fine for me, but yesterday I noticed that it appears to be broken. I've made no changes to my system other than keeping up to date using SVN. Other plugins for initial user setup (new_user_dialog, and squirrelmail_usercopy) still work OK, but not virtuser_file, even if the other two (or even all other plugins) are disabled.

Anyone else having this issue? I went so far as to check out a fresh SVN copy and built a new clean DB, but that one doesn't work either.

I need to find an answer to this before early July, as that is our turnup date for Roundcube, and the virtuser email address resolution is critical for us.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 03:27:13 PM by ABerglund »
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 01:08:02 PM »
Post deleted - I posted bad data...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 01:05:11 PM by ABerglund »
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 06:17:07 PM »
Post deleted - I posted bad data...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 01:05:28 PM by ABerglund »
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 03:32:56 PM »
Still fighting this. I have discovered that neither virtuser_file nor new_user_identity seem to be working for me. No errors shown anywhere. The other two plugins that run at first login (squirrelmail_usercopy and new_user_dialog) still work fine. But even in a clean SVN checkout (currently at 3740) neither of the first two plugins will run, even with all other plugins disabled.

I also tried a fresh download of the 0.4-beta, still no joy. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 02:38:52 PM »
I have still been unable to get the virtuser_file plugin to work, and I really need to have this functionality from SOMEWHERE, if not here. I am no longer certain that I have EVER had this working, as I now believe that when I thought I worked I may have been pulling data from squirrelmail_usercopy instead. That is fine for existing user migrations, but I need a mechanism to insert the correct email address for new users (who never used squirrelmail) going forward.

Here is my situation - RC connects to an external IMAP server (sendmail/dovecot). We have 14 different domains on that single server, but all use a shared namespace. The domain of the IMAP server is not the same as any of the 14 domains in use, and because of the shared namespace, many of the email addresses in use are not common with the username.

Example:

The server is at hidden.domain.net
My username (limited to 8 chars) is aberglun
My email address is arne.berglund@public.domain1.net

But when logging in for the first time, RC constructs the email address in my identity as aberglun@hidden.domain.net.

I have a copy of the sendmail virtusertable flat file on the RC server, and have pointed the plugin at that file. The file is in the format of:

arne.berglund@public.domain1.net  aberglun

I can find no evidence that the virtuser lookup is even happening. But can't say for certain that it's not, either.

Is it possible that the virtuser_file plugin can't be used for my particular scenario?
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA