Author Topic: UTF-8 Charset problems - issues on beta 2 (not experienced on beta 1)  (Read 3268 times)

Offline fotisevangelou

Hello,

this is my first post on the Roundcube forum. As you read on the title, in release 0.1 beta 2 (latest stable at the moment) I am having charset problems, and to be more specific, these problems only occur in the messages.

The greek language file used as default (saved in UTF-8) is working perfect, the UI is greek as it should be. But all messages containg greek characters are not displayed correctly at all.

Funny thing is that on the previous version (beta 1), I did not have this issue!

So to sum up.

- I am using UTF-8 as preferred charset.
- The Greek language file installed is displaying correctly, the UI is all greek.
- Messages containing Greek characters are not displayed as they should (the conversion to UTF does not work probably)
- The database collation is utf_unicode_ci, the tables use also the same collation.
- Messages inside the database are stored with the same "messed up" characters, like the ones they display with.

FYI, I tried the few solutions proposed in the forum but none worked, unfortunately.

The problem is not on the display, otherwise the messages inside the database would not be messed up. It's obviously a conversion issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline fotisevangelou

Re: UTF-8 Charset problems - issues on beta 2 (not experienced on beta 1)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 11:11:09 AM »
Aren't there any moderators, or people from the dev team that can see into this issue?

I mean, shouldn't UTF-8 support work exactly as it should?

On beta 1 you have it working, on beta 2 you don't.

At least a bug tracker could be created, in the form of a forum section, and when issues where solved a nice "[solved]" would be added on the post title!