Author Topic: Globaladdressbook plugin - vCard problem  (Read 4856 times)

Offline dolmax

Globaladdressbook plugin - vCard problem
« on: June 11, 2010, 04:36:12 AM »
First let me thank to all who were involved in the creation of great applications; Roundcube webmail and globaladdressbook plugin.

I'm using Roundcube webmail and global address book plugin along. There are no issues with regard to installation and configuration. I can basically create a new contact in the global addressbook (from the global addressbook admin user). As expected that contact is visible throughout the domain users' addressbooks.

My problem is that there are about 3000 contacts that I'm trying to import using vCard import tool. If I use that capability, the contacts are imported in the "personal addressbook" instead of the global one.

Is there a solution to that? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Offline dziobak

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 04:57:59 AM »
Make a new account, f.e. globalbook and add it as admin in globaladdressbook config. Every contact/group that this user will have in personal addressbook will be seen in globaladdressbook.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 05:20:56 AM »
Make a new account, f.e. globalbook and add it as admin in globaladdressbook config. Every contact/group that this user will have in personal addressbook will be seen in globaladdressbook.

Depending on what version of RC you are using then you shouldnt need to do this, as long as you have the global address book selected and its not read only you can use the normal import. You need the SVN trunk or version 0.4b to be able to do this.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦