Author Topic: Has the create_user plugin hook changed recently?  (Read 10219 times)

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
Has the create_user plugin hook changed recently?
« on: June 10, 2010, 07:31:55 PM »
I'm trying hard to get ready for a final migration from squirrelmail to RC, shooting for a cutover date sometime next month. If 0.4-stable has not been released by then, will cut over to a recent SVN-trunk release.

To that end, I've been testing the various plugins that are intended to assist in new account creation and/or migration from squirrelmail. And I'm having mixed results using recent SVN builds. I'm currently testing on 3742.

I have tested 4 different plugins, each separately, with no other plugins enabled. Ideally, I want to use new_user_dialog, squirrelmail_usercopy and either virtuser_file or new_user_identity, as that combination should catch both new users and squirrelmail migrators. I need one of those last two to do a username-to-email-address lookup for new users. I would prefer to use virtuser_file, as the virtusertable is updated with new users much more frequently than LDAP.

• squirrelmail_usercopy works fine.
  • new_user_dialog also works fine.
  • But new_user_identity does not do anything.
  • Nor does virtuser_file.
Do these four plugins all use the same hooks in RC? Can anyone think of why two of these work, while the other two do not? I've tried them in a couple of different RC instances, with brand freshly initialized databases. No errors are in the logs, it's as if nothing at all is happening.

I'm a bit reluctant to create a ticket on this, as since I haven't heard any other complaints, I fear I am the only one having a problem.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:37:18 PM by ABerglund »
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
Has the create_user plugin hook changed recently?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 07:23:58 PM »
No thoughts, anyone? I'm still stuck on this. I need to have either virtuser_file or new_user_identity working on a recent SVN release in the next 10 days. Any thoughts or suggestions at all are very welcome!
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA