Author Topic: htaccess ignored  (Read 2212 times)

Offline ssa5

htaccess ignored
« on: July 06, 2010, 02:58:56 PM »
I just downloaded the 0.4 beta and put right next to the existing installation. Current version .3 works fine, however .4 gives me the mbstring.func_overload error because it is set to 4 in my php.ini file. However, the .htaccess has this set to 0.

So do I look at Apache's config? Yes, and no. I do look, but easily remember that I have other sites using separate .htaccess files so I am pretty certain the problem is not residing in Apache's handling of htaccess files. The webserver currently hosts about 15 different websites, most of which are simply mirrored to access through different domains. I can easily go into any one of these, make a simple alteration of that site's htaccess and see for myself that the site is processing and dependent on this file.

But, when it comes to this 0.4 beta installation, no matter what I put in the access file, the site simply reads directly the Php.ini settings. I created a whole new .htaccess and played around with that, even setting the permissions to everything from 0644 on to 777. I am really lost at this point on what I need to do to get this to see my .htaccess file so that it will read "mbstring.func_overload 0" instead of my php.ini's.

I guess at this point I am more interested to learn why it is that this htaccess file is seemingly ignored, as my previous understanding of Apache was that the introduction of this file would set precedence over any default settings. I have to say I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to Apache, and am still in the learning phase.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
htaccess ignored
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 03:39:14 PM »
Have you tried the SVN trunk?