Author Topic: "Could not save message in ..." using Dovecot  (Read 5934 times)

Offline Sound

"Could not save message in ..." using Dovecot
« on: June 18, 2010, 06:19:30 PM »
Hi there,

I am using dovecot and I face an issue with roundcube. I searched quite a while and I know there are some threads in this forum addressing this issue but neither of them helped to solve my problem.

Everything seems to work fine, except saving drafts or saving sent mail etc. So I checked the logs and it says:
Code: [Select]
IMAP Error: Could not save message in INBOX.Drafts in /usr/share/roundcube/program/steps/mail/sendmail.inc on line 0 (POST /roundcube/?_task=mail&_action=send)
(For other actions, so savin to Sent I get the similar error)

Nevertheless, if I simply connect through telnet to my IMAP using "list "" *" it shows:
Code: [Select]
b list "" *
* LIST (\HasChildren) "." "INBOX"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "INBOX.Junk"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "INBOX.Trash"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "INBOX.Sent"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "INBOX.Drafts"
b OK List completed.

So for me the structure seems to be correct. I can also see (and edit and delete) this folders in roundcube. This Folders were also automatically created by roundcube, because I use the create_default_folders option.

PS: Your antispam is pretty annoying. I could hardly read the chars/numbers and I have never before seen this question tools (How should I know which operating system you use to develop roundcube?). And I also had to do all this even if I was just searching in the forum. It would be pretty nice, if you could find a more usable solution.

Offline pos

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 10:23:12 AM »
I just upgraded to Roundcube 0.4 from 0.3.1 and got the same issue.

I use Cyrus IMAP.

I have seen more posts with this issue.  So it _seems_ to be a Roundcube issue as it also appear against more than one imap server.

Looking for a solution myself... It worked on 0.3.1 so I went back...

/Peo

Offline alec

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 10:53:31 AM »
Enable imap_debug option and check the log.

Offline pos

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 04:31:48 PM »
I will check with IMAP debug tomorrow...

But it sure is strange. The mail is for sure sent, but NOT copied to the Sent folder (same error as the original poster of this thread). However... dragging a mail in the roundcube interface to Sent folder works ok. I have also tried to make sure no new file system rights checks could cause this by letting the web server user own the whole thing for one test round. It worked OK in 0.3.1 and it works in all other clients. But with Roundcube 0.4 it fails... All settings related to Cyrus IMAP is the same in 0.4 as in 0.3.1.

It sure smells like a roundcube 0.4 problem. But I will try a debug tomorrow (if no one can come up with a solution before then).

/Per-Olov

Offline pos

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »
Hmmm

I obviously did some debugging earlier today..

Note that It sure works to drag and drop emails in the roundcube interface to the Sent folder except when sending (I have used attachments at all tests)....

(Below I have put in some spaces in email addresses and host names to avoid the simplest email harvesters)

http://www.incedo.eu/~sjoholmp/misc_internet_links/roudcube_error.txt

Suggestions?

/Per-Olov

Offline alec

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 03:29:29 AM »
I mean imap_debug in Roundcube config. This maybe a known issue with cyrus #1486712 (Unable to save mail in cyrus imapd) ? Roundcube Webmail

Offline pos

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 04:07:44 AM »
Hi Alec

addition for clarification is that I logged my problem based on 0.4 stable.

As of what I can read in your link I would prefer to test 0.4.1 instead that was created recently. How can I get a "tar.gz" of 0.4.1? I mean, why spend time on a problem that seems to be tracked down already.

B t w...
As it worked in flawlessly in 0.3.1, wouldn't it be easy to check what code that was changed that touches this issue between 0.3.1 and 0.4.

/Per-Olov

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 08:09:11 AM »
RoundCube version 0.4.1 hasn't been released yet, you can try the current SVN (the development version) by downloading it here: http://trac.roundcube.net/changeset/3938/trunk?old_path=%2F&format=zip
There has been over 855 changes between RoundCube version 0.3.1 and RoundCube version 0.4. It would definitely be MUCH easier to troubleshoot the problem then to try and find witch changes may be causing the problem.

Offline pos

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 05:56:33 AM »
Hi

Before trying a devel version I will try to manually patch a 0.4-stable with the patches 3937 and 3938 as suggested by Alec here #1486712 (Unable to save mail in cyrus imapd) ? Roundcube Webmail.

However anybody that know if patch 3686 would be needed as well as it's also mentioned in the same thread I refer to above. (asking as I have such a small indow to test in)

/Peo

Offline pos

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 01:14:18 PM »
Well....

I did go for http://trac.roundcube.net/changeset/3938/trunk?old_path=%2F&format=zip instead of my manual patching...

Problem seems to be solved now O0

I can also see a few new nice features..

Now there is only one annoying thing left, image resize....

Do you think  changeset 3938 is ok for production?

Many Thanks
/Peo

Offline alec

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 02:41:22 AM »
Quote from: pos;29879

Do you think  changeset 3938 is ok for production?

Yes, There are only bugfixes since 0.4-stable, no new features.