Author Topic: Release 0.3.1 feature  (Read 3732 times)

Offline unicorn7

Release 0.3.1 feature
« on: June 21, 2010, 03:43:31 AM »
Hi gang

I am running Roundcube web mail client via my host, MediaTemple.  They deliver a good web service although the Roundcube client is very slow.

anyhow, I just wanted to ask if the stable release 0.3.1 contains the mail filter in the personal settings area. The Roundcube Beta that Media Temple supply does not have this feature which would be very handy since I can only see 40 emails per screen view.

cheers
unicorn7

Offline dziobak

Release 0.3.1 feature
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 06:19:22 AM »
RC don't have buildin filters, but if you use sieve (is in dovecot, cyrus), you can use plugins like managesieve or sieverules.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Release 0.3.1 feature
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 06:52:22 AM »
Unfortunately filters can really be build into RoundCube as every mail server setup has a different way of handling filters, so a filter system has to be coded for each individual system. There as a couple available but I don't know of one that works with MediaTemple's system. You best bet would be to setup the filters using MediaTemple's control panel.

which would be very handy since I can only see 40 emails per screen view.

Thant can be changed in the settings.

Offline futurecis

• http://www.futurecis.com
Release 0.3.1 feature
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 10:16:23 AM »
Quote from: skaero;28211
Unfortunately filters can really be build into RoundCube as every mail server setup has a different way of handling filters, so a filter system has to be coded for each individual system. There as a couple available but I don't know of one that works with MediaTemple's system. You best bet would be to setup the filters using MediaTemple's control panel.

Is there anyway to code in filters the same way that squirrelmail does it which is independent of the mail server?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Release 0.3.1 feature
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 04:21:36 AM »
I don't know of a independent filter system for Squirrel Mail, but I haven't used if for years.