Third Party Contributions > API Based Plugins

new plugin: message highlighting

(1/20) > >>

corbosman:
Ive created a new plugin named Message Highlight. It allows you to match a string on from/subject/to/cc and change the background color of the message index for that match. For example all emails from the roundcube dev list get a yellow background in the message index row.

This is a first beta release, feedback and comments are welcome.

Important: this only works with 0.4-STABLE (not beta)

You can get it here:  Downloads - roundcube-plugins - Project Hosting on Google Code

Screenshot:

dziobak:
I'll try it!

dziobak:
1. The highlight doesn't work on FF 3.6.3
2. The highlighting looks terrible for me. When using dark colors I can't see letters... Maybe you can change it from highlight to text color and disable from choosing bright colors.
3. Change the choosing color popup to this like in Rosali's calendar. It fits more to RC
4. Attached polish translation

corbosman:
The highlighting works fine on FF 3.6.3. Ive been doing all development on FF 3.6.3. Just tried it on windows as well, no problem. Also works in Safari, Chrome and IE. At least for me it does. As long as you have current SVN (as in, today's SVN would be fine).

What about just using light colors instead of dark colors :)  If you pick only light colors, does that make you happier? I may be able to limit the colors to light colors.  I dont think it's a good idea to use the font color instead of the row color. You can not see different shades of a color well in font colors.  I think it looks fine with light colors.

Im not quite sure what makes a specific color picker 'fit rc more'. I hadnt seen the one in the calendar plugin, but im more than happy to give that one a go, especially because it looks like that one is easier to limit to light colors. But it kind of annoys me to use a color picker that just fills in a form with hex codes. I think it's designwise nicer to not show the end user the sadness of HTML hex color numbers.  Does your mother understand hex color codes?

Also, I really dont like how you have to click twice in that color picker. You have to click to lock in a color, and then click again outside the color picker to close the picker. It's not very intuitive.

What is 'more rc' about it? Or what dont you like about this one?

corbosman:
If you'd like to try, check out this css file, some changes that may help:

http://wa.ter.net/download/message_highlight.css

Just replace the original css file and shift-reload.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version