Author Topic: Install not working on my vps  (Read 2963 times)

Offline agelec

Install not working on my vps
« on: June 24, 2010, 04:42:56 AM »
Hey guys i am trying to install roundcube so i can make a free public email service, problem is i upload the files to the server via ftp using filezilla then i setup a mysql database, then go to install i do all the defualt settings afer trying more advanced settings, then once i press creat config i upload the files then when i continue to step 3 nothing shows up or loads if i go to the home page of roundcube i get:

Code: [Select]
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING in /home/encrypto/public_html/users/webmail/config/main.inc.php  on line 18

any ideas on what i need to do, i have googles this already and used step by step guids and nothing i do seems to be right

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 05:33:19 AM »
Can you post your /config/main.inc.php

Mcmunn

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 06:54:44 AM »
Yup, I just deleted the VPS and then recreated it with the Debian VPN image. I then used SFTP to FTP to the /etc/ppp/chap-secrets file, change it, and then I re-booted the machine. My mac appears to connect fine to the VPS, but I still can't ping or use any browsers to access Internet. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Credit card Application

Offline agelec

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 07:12:45 AM »
that was annoying it turned out when i gave up on roundcube because i couldnt disable suhosin, i tried atmail which required magic quotes off, which caused problems when i disabled suhosin as the config files and the pages woudlnt display