Author Topic: how to install roundcube on local server(localhost) in windows  (Read 10997 times)

Offline prutuxon

hello,,,im a new user for roundcube mail server,,,
and i have some trouble how to install it in my localserver(localhost->127.0.0.1) at windows platform
as i try so many time, but i cant get it right...:o
===============
i have create a right database and user...as it told in the manual....
but after the installation done (without testing the imap&smtp test as i dont know the value that i had to fill in box.... ;D )
and i directly go to my localhost url
the result is......i cant log in.....wew.....thats confusing me....as i do it again and again(install and uninstall roundcube..and try it from the beginning step all the time).............
===============
please help me.............thx..............
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:45:12 PM by prutuxon »

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
how to install roundcube on local server(localhost) in windows
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 03:00:35 AM »
(without testing the imap&smtp test as i dont know the value that i had to fill in box....  )

You need to put the connection information for your IMAP and SMTP servers, if you are not sure what they are then you need to ask your email provider.

the result is......i cant log in.....

You said before that you dont know what informaiton to put in to test the IMAP and SMTP server connections, you need to tell RC which IMAP server it is connecting too, it is an IMAP client it needs a server to work with.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline prutuxon

i dont understand which is imap..and smtp...as i am in newbie.....
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 03:27:21 AM »
sorry sir....bad english here......
well...how to set it up(imap and smtp)
as i want to build my own email address.....trying to make a private domain for my email......so i cant asking somebody else.......except you...sir..............
please help me...............

=============

god bless you ;)

Offline sayajin

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 03:30:29 AM »
Roundcube is not a mail server, it is just a web interface for IMAP mail server.

do you have a mail server already set up or are you expecting roundcube to be your mail server??

Offline prutuxon

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 03:38:23 AM »
i just...have one....mercury(am i right??) mercury v.4.72......from xampp package installer.....what should i do sir.....do i have to setup my email domain and also the host for the imap and smtp in mercury...????
=============================
need help...and tutor for this...if you dont mind sir.....God Bless You

sorry....can you speak indonesian??? as your name describe that you were indonesian

Offline sayajin

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 03:47:46 AM »
well i read up a bit on mercury, and it seems it is a imap/pop/smtp server all in one, so yes you would need to setup those 1st, do you have a database and web server running? (mysql & apache or something similar?), if not you might want to go and have a look at this site http://www.wampserver.com/en/.

cause you will need those to be able to install and run roundcube

Offline prutuxon

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 09:16:26 AM »
yup....i will try it....

Offline prutuxon

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 09:52:15 AM »
to sayajin and jhondoh

hey...it works....but.....i was not receiving any mail from it.....as i try to send it via roundcube mail after i login.......i've see the notification that i have success to send the email for my domain....but i was not receive it......does anything wrong??? as i set the time for checking email for "every 1 minutes"....but it still not working.............help