Author Topic: POP Mailbox size limits  (Read 9576 times)

Offline gcclinux

POP Mailbox size limits
« on: June 28, 2010, 07:56:44 AM »
Morning,

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I've configured RoundCube as my webmail client on my own local Linux laptop and it is working great, much better than running a separate application to read my email.

Question is:

How can I increase the my mail box size, what has set the limit to 120MB

I am already at 64% out of 120MB it is a local installation, using pop server to collect email and MYSQL to cache the messages, I don't have problem sending or receiving large messages it is basically the size of my locally stored messages is limited to 120MB and I want to increase it to at least 1GB.

Many Thanks in advance.

Offline dziobak

POP Mailbox size limits
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
The mailbox size limit is what is configured on imap server. RC you must search there if you what to change it.

Offline gcclinux

POP Mailbox size limits
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 10:44:40 AM »
Quote from: dziobak;28367
The mailbox size limit is what is configured on imap server. RC you must search there if you what to change it.

Hi,

Thanks for the response, but was is the imap server? I am using pop and downloading my email directly from a domain that I own, the installation is local, mysql db is local, so where do I change the setting?

Many Thanks

Offline dziobak

POP Mailbox size limits
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 10:57:51 AM »
RC is only an imap client, it doesn't use POP protocol.... what is imap? look in google...

Offline gcclinux

POP Mailbox size limits
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 02:37:56 AM »
Quote from: dziobak;28373
RC is only an imap client, it doesn't use POP protocol.... what is imap? look in google...

Are you sure because I am using roundcube and I am using pop and not imap, sp I guess you must have got your wires crossed.

dziękuję

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
POP Mailbox size limits
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 02:54:08 AM »
dziobak is correct, take a look here Roundcube - Free webmail for the masses it says it right on the front of the site! There is no support for POP3 in the core.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline gcclinux

POP Mailbox size limits
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 09:03:05 AM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;28390
dziobak is correct, take a look here Roundcube - Free webmail for the masses it says it right on the front of the site! There is no support for POP3 in the core.

Hello JohnDoh,

Thank you for your response also, I just wanted to state that I don't need support I was only wondeing where the 120MB limit is set, everything is working fine and i could not wish for anything better.

Saying that it does puzzels me why there are configurations settings in RC for pop3 mails server when it is not supported.

Anyway, thanks for all advise, I'll continue looking for the answer and will have the pleasure posting the asnwer as soon as I find out.

Regards

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
POP Mailbox size limits
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 12:47:47 AM »
Quote from: gcclinux;28438

Saying that it does puzzels me why there are configurations settings in RC for pop3 mails server when it is not supported.

Where? I have never seen anything like that. RoundCube is IMAP only and the limit is set on the IMAP server.