Author Topic: Optional Preview Pane  (Read 12149 times)

Offline awmartin

Optional Preview Pane
« on: October 12, 2006, 11:37:01 PM »
First I would like to start by saying that I am a complete Newbie and that this is only an idea that I have and I have no idea if/how it can be done. I am thinking that it would be pretty neat to have a Preview Pane below the messages that is optional to the user. I don't know how hard it would be to do, but i bet someone out there could find a way to do it. I am going to attempt to try it out, but as I don't really have any experience at this, I will probably not succeed. Also, I thought it would be a pretty neat idea to have a pop up notification come up when new mail arrives, but not sure how practical that is.

Offline awmartin

Re: Optional Preview Pane
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 12:16:25 AM »
OK, Nevermind. After a little bit of searching I found exactly what I was looking for, except the preview window is not sizeable like I hoped it would be. Here is the post:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@lists.roundcube.net/msg02233.html

Offline encode

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 09:53:39 AM »
I tried applying that patch to my beta2 installation, but it doesn't work - I dont get the user option to enable the preview pane.

I get an error when applying the patch, as follows:

Hunk #5 FAILED at 3604.
1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file program/js/app.js.rej

I applied that portion of the patch manually.

Any ideas?

Offline awmartin

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 11:21:55 AM »
Post the changes that you have made and I will take a look at them.

Offline daashag

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 12:35:38 PM »
Should this patch work with the beta2 build?

Offline muhKuh

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 02:22:31 PM »
well, the latest patch i found is for revision 340 and the one posted here for 335 ... i got the svn HeadRevision which is 360 ... the patch doesnt work there and i just contacted the guy behind the patch to get confirmation. It really has to be rewritten to work with the current version and he sadly has no time to do that.
I just wanted to check what revision this beta2 belongs to but roundcube.net is currently down and so is the repository and its history ;/ but maybe there is someone else who might be able to rewrite this aptch for the current svn verison?
That would be sweet!!!

Im offering 5$ ... anybody interested?

Offline encode

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 06:22:47 PM »
Quote from: awmartin
Post the changes that you have made and I will take a look at them.

I haven't made any changes - I simply tried applying the patch found at http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/ticket/1484008 using the following command:
patch -p0 --unified --verbose < 20060908-r340-preview.patch

For some reason Hunk 5 failed in the patch for app.js, but the patch file contained enough info for me to find the spot and insert it manually.

As others have said, the patch unfortunately seems to need rewriting for it to work with beta2 or later, and the original author doesn't have the time to do it.

Maybe those of us interested in getting it to work should all offer $5 - hopefully someone will write it then.

Offline Arrmo

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 10:14:33 AM »
Hi,

I have to admit, I'm new to RoundCube Webmail, but I have installed it and my first impressions are very positive. One thing that is a bit nagging though is the lack of a preview pane - this seems to exist, but I haven't had any luck applying these patches to get this working (on either SVN362 or 0.1beta2). Can anyone point me to the "final" patch so that I can get this working?

Thanks!!!

Offline daashag

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 10:22:26 AM »

Offline Arrmo

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 09:43:24 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the pointer - after a bit of patching and kludging I was able to get this to work. However, the latest version is 364, and it seems to have some serious problems, so I would like to go back to 0.1beta2 for now (not sure of the actual version number). However, the patch doesn't work for this version ... can someone point me to a patch that works with 0.1beta2?

Thanks again!

Offline SViRU

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 07:42:18 PM »
anyone have working preview panel?
for me is not working :( please show some screenshot :)

Offline daashag

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 08:18:48 PM »